• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Famous Monsters of Filmland #1 UK vs US Edition Value

3 posts in this topic

I have the UK Edition of Famous Monsters of Filmland #1 and found the following website today with the 100 most valuable magazines. There, the UK Edition ist worth a little bit more than the US Edition. How's that? I thought it would maybe be worth 40-50%, like the UK Comic Variants. Any experts here who can tell me if this list is correct? Thanks!

http://www.nostomania.com/servlets/com.nostomania.CatPage?name=Top100MagazinesMain

I think the UK FM #1 is indeed harder to find than the U.S. #1. Don't recall the production runs, but FM #1 (two prinitings) was by far the most produced of any FM issue. Although the UK #1 may be harder to find, I'm not necessarily sure it is more valuable. Most FM collectors want the U.S. edition and only a completist will have both the U.S. and the U.K. editions.

Regards,

Mark

PS - the Nostomania site does not include FM #6 with the Sticker. That issue by far is the toughest to find of all FMs, much more than the #4 with sticker.