• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPDATED! Set Sale List– Bob Powell Prices Reduced!

1 post in this topic

ATTENTION! The Bob Powell artwork from the set sale list is still available! I am dropping the prices this week only!

SIR GALAHAD – Complete 7-Pg Story – NOW $1,000 (Was $1299.95).

DOC SHADOW Page from Shadow Comics – NOW $650 (Was $799.95)

Prices are good until this Saturday, May 30th at 12pm EST. After that these originals will go back into my subterranean vault!

Howdy!

I thought I'd offer these originals privately for set sale instead of listing them on eBay! All are out of my personal collection and haven’t seen the light of day for 20-30 years!

All are first come, first served.

Postage & Insurance are extra. I can also ship FedEx if you have an account with them.

For payment, I will accept a check or US postal money order. I will also accept PayPal as payment if you pay the fees. Overseas customers can pay via bank transfer or PayPal.

Email me at lawrenceshell @ comcast.net to reserve an original or if you have any questions about any of them. I am in and out during the day but will answer all emails in the order received.

<>SALE ENDS ON SUNDAY, APRIL 24 AT 11PM EST <>

====================================================

PLEASE NOTE – All of the artwork was scanned in two sections and stitched together so you will see lines through the art which do not appear on the originals. A couple pages may also have a slight blurriness in the stitched area. ====================================================

$650 -- reduced from $799.95

Bob Powell DOC SAVAGE Page from SHADOW COMICS – 40s

Last page to the DOC SAVAGE story entitled “Pieces of Fate” drawn by Bob Powell which appeared in SHADOW COMICS Vol. 7, # 6, published by Street & Smith (Sept, 1947).

In this page, Doc takes on a gang of crooks masquerading as pirates single handed! As they approach, Doc finds a chain hanging from a pole and uses it to whip them into shape! As he does so, his aide, Monk, accompanied by the Harbor Patrol come to the rescue and arrest the crooks! As Doc and Monk head for shore in a small boat, they discuss the clue Monk had sent Doc about the crooks / pirates which was three long and three short matchsticks. Monk was afraid he might think he’d been calling for help and not realized he’d spelled out the initials of the ship but he’d been foolish to worry…..after all he was dealing with Doc Savage! A great page and a rare example of Powell’s work on a classic pulp hero!

When was the last time you saw a Golden Age Doc Savage comic book original for sale, they turn up rarely especially by Bob Powell, the best artist to work on the Street & Smith comic books along with Edd Cartier who did so briefly.

Original measures 13” x 20-1/2” and is in Very Good condition for its age with minimal tanning, the page is very light colored. There are blue pencil notes written on the art to the colorist which should be viewable in the below scans. Otherwise, condition is great!

REDUCED SCAN

http://comicartconfidential.com/LSART02_Powell_DocSavagePgSML.jpg

FULL PAGE SCAN

http://comicartconfidential.com/LSART02_Powell_DocSavagePgBIG.jpg

$1,000.00 -- reduced from $1299.95

Bob Powell SIR GALANT Complete 7-Page Story

Complete 7-page SIR GALANT OF THE ROUND TABLE story drawn by Bob Powell which appeared in THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD #6 published by Magazine Enterprises (June, 1957).

Entitled “The Mystery Maze Of Castle Hazard”, this is a great story featuring Sir Galant, one of King Arthur’s knights solving the great mystery of Castle Hazard whose knights emerge from a cave to war and pillage and once they finish, return to the cavern where they appear to vanish! Any knight foolhardy enough to pursue them inside ends up lost in the maze of never-ending tunnels and ends up being held for ransom by the knaves from Castle Hazard. King Arthur is furious and wonders if anyone can solve the riddle of this place! Sir Galant rides from Camelot the next day to merely observe but ends up saving a knight under attack and pursues the attackers into the cavern where he too gets lost! He encounters a bear which he scares and follows it out of the cave, as its animal instinct shows him the way out! Sir Galant tries to mark the corridors of the cave but his efforts are thwarted by the felon knights who erase them. Then Sir Galant comes up with an idea, he encounters and knocks one of the enemy knights off his horse, then he uses that steed to lead him and King Arthur’s entire army through the cavern maze right to Castle Hazard, where after an epic battle, the enemy surrenders and King Arthur expresses his thanks to Sir Galant! A great story with lots of fighting and swordplay!

Signed “Powell” on the first page. All seven originals measure 13-1/2” x 19-1/2” and are in Very Good condition for their age with minimal tanning, the pages are very light colored. The logo is a Photostat and there is some rubber cement staining in the left corner of it which extends into the top left margin. There is a teeny weeny bend on almost all the pages on the bottom right corner. Overall the pages are in great shape!

SEE SCANS FOR THE ENTIRE STORY IN THE BELOW LINK:

http://comicartconfidential.com/LSART02_Powell_SirGalahad_STORY.jpg

=================================================

Don’t forget about my current eBay auctions which run from Tuesday to Sunday nights as there are some sweet originals which could be had for bargain prices!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ50QQsassZsheltone

And check out my CAF Sales Gallery where EVERYTHING is set sale 365 days a year!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=17290