• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restoration In Notes

1 post in this topic

I've gone on record as stating that I think that mid/low grade books with slight resto should not get a PLOD if the restoration was within the allowable range of defects for that grade. For instance, a VG with a small tear seal or a small color touch. The trade-off being that the resto would be detailed in the notes. I was happy to see CGG adopt this policy on slight color touches.

Unfortunately, the downside is that a higher grade book would have a color touch in the notes, and the seller would not be forthcoming with a clear scan of the notes. Case in point:

Conan #3 CGG 9.0

I inquired with the seller and the notes do indicate a slight color touch on the cover. frown.gif

If it was a 4.5, a color touch wouldn't bother me, but I'd be pissed if I paid full 9.0 price for this and got color touches.

I'm re-thinking my position on the PLOD. frown.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif