• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albany Comic Con Report

1 post in this topic

Big art day for me at this con. Not a lot of comic buying for me.

I got a Cap sketch from Ayers. We chatted up a bit about this and that. Told a great story how he was writing a lot of the stories, but wasn't getting credit or more money for them. His wife told him to talk to Stan about it. So he did, demanding more money from Stan. Stan said something like "How dare you. Are you really doing this?" or something like that. And so ended up getting more money for his pages (an increase to $2 a page).

Anyways here it is (thanks Hibou for the pic):

dickayers.jpg

Photo0135.jpg

I was also chatting for a while with Matthew Dow Smith. We talked for a while about Dr. Who and such. I ended up buying a Dr. Who splash page. He said he was running out of his published Dr. Who artwork, and that there would be no more coming (I think he is going digital). He also gave me a piece of published work for the Marvel VS system which was really cool. I also should mention that he has a writing project which he is trying to get going. He needs to raise $1000 in six days in order to get it going. More info can be found here:

Photo0133.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

Lastly, I bought a page of Batman artwork from Bechara Maalouf. It is a Giordano page. We both thought that it might have been Colan pencils, but we found out after some research it was actually Don Newton. I have wanted a Giordano or Colan Batman page. This was really nice, though it wasn't Colan pencils, so I decided to get it. I had to trade in my Bob Layton Iron Man page and Erik Larsen Punisher page to be able to get it (I got 150 trade for the two pages). The page was $300. I really don't know if I got ripped off for the two pages I traded in. I'm happy with this page, so that's what's important.

Photo0132.jpg