• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 Superman Question:

36 posts in this topic

yeah, but, lets face it. Baseball collectors collect guys in baggy uniforms, not skin tight painted on costumes. Lets not go there!

Well, I also collect hockey, that's right, pictures of sweaty men holding sticks! 893whatthe.gif

but they only hold their own sticks I hope!

Sure: Use this link.

Make sure to fill in the prices you wish to pay.

I think Metropolis are well aware of what's on my wants list.

And again Ian,...than you for playing our game,..."Six degrees of Ian Levine"....just goes to show everyone , how any post or thread,....no matter how obscure,...can be turned into your personal little world,...in 6 posts or less....Bravo..... 893applaud-thumb.gif

And again Ian,...than you for playing our game,..."Six degrees of Ian Levine"....just goes to show everyone , how any post or thread,....no matter how obscure,...can be turned into your personal little world,...in 6 posts or less....Bravo...

Your congratulations are most kind.

Thankyou.

I should point out that I was actually the first person to answer this thread, so shouldn't that make it "One degree of Ian Levine" ?????

Ian,

A newcomer to this board chimes in with a question,and instead of using your supposed knowledge to answer his simple question,you attack the person that was nice enough to post a rare comic story on a web page,as if he did some evil thing.Will you be posting any rare DCs for our reading pleasure? Id love to read some of the early Fu Manchus.

Since you have every Superman story,why couldn't you have spent a moment to answer the mans question.Was there nothing in it for you?

Ian,

A newcomer to this board chimes in with a question,and instead of using your supposed knowledge to answer his simple question,you attack the person that was nice enough to post a rare comic story on a web page,as if he did some evil thing.

No I didn't.

I merely pointed out that it was a scan of a rather tatty coverless copy of the Famous First Edition.

I thought it was our duty to point such things out to our fellow board members.

Ian,

A newcomer to this board chimes in with a question,and instead of using your supposed knowledge to answer his simple question,you attack the person that was nice enough to post a rare comic story on a web page,as if he did some evil thing.

No I didn't.

I merely pointed out that it was a scan of a rather tatty coverless copy of the Famous First Edition.

I thought it was our duty to point such things out to our fellow board members.

He was looking for a copy to

READ!!!

. Who cares if it was an original or not?

The interiors are identical... makepoint.gif

OK, I have always wanted to read the Action Comics #1 issue, so a few days ago I finally managed to find a website. A collector managed to scan the whole issue and put it up for the whole world to view, how thoughtful of him.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that scanned abomination is not an Action 1.

It's a Famous First Edition of Action 1, from 1976, with the outer cardboard cover removed.

It is NOT the real thing at all.

893frustrated.gif

OK, I have always wanted to read the Action Comics #1 issue, so a few days ago I finally managed to find a website. A collector managed to scan the whole issue and put it up for the whole world to view, how thoughtful of him.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that scanned abomination is not an Action 1.

It's a Famous First Edition of Action 1, from 1976, with the outer cardboard cover removed.

It is NOT the real thing at all.

893frustrated.gif

Yeah,...I feel your pain Shad,...... smirk.gif,....makes you wonder how he ever made it out of 6th grade alive,...don't it?

Sure: Use this link.

Make sure to fill in the prices you wish to pay.

I think Metropolis are well aware of what's on my wants list.

The key to finding the missing books might indeed be luck. If you specify an absurd price your luck might improve. Stranger things have happened.