• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Horse Comics CONAN 33 Original Pages available

29 posts in this topic

Hello Fellow Collectors,

In 2004 CONAN was once again able to be enjoyed thanks to DARK HORSE COMICS' wonderful new take on the REH legend. The title ran for 50 all to quick issues with Cary Nord handling a majority of the art chores. Fans were instantly won over with his rendition of CONAN. Cary Nord's name is now as synonymous with CONAN to the new generation of comic readers as BWS is with fans of the 1970's MARVEL series.

Cary has held on to ALL of his CONAN art until now. He has decided to release one and only one group of pages for sale. But what a group of pages it is. Cary has chosen to part with issue 33 from October 2006. This issue has everything a CONAN book should; Conan in battle, cute damsels, evil priests, potions, one INCREDIBLE DPS and several splash pages.

These pages will be available beginning 12pm Pacific, May 7th and will be on a first come, first serve basis. Don't miss this opportunity to be one of the few collectors to get a Nord CONAN page!

111884.jpg.15d888590de0bd746d9c8bd3ab412a4f.jpg

111885.jpg.ef29c67ecfa7664840b9d2522923a453.jpg

Cary's stuff is fantastic, he was nice enough to sell me three more-or-less complete books a couple of years ago, though it was unpublished material:

Marvel's canceled attempt to relaunch THE MICRONAUTS (1998)

Issue 1:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?Order=Title&GSub=83995

Issue 2:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=87687

Issue 3:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=87688

Cary's a great artist choice to support!

Andrew

Are they all pencil only, I thought Tom Yeates inked them, maybe not that issue. hm

This issue is all pencils only. No inks.

I don't have the other published issues handy at the moment, but I thought all of Nord's art was pencil only. Yeates may have inked a different artist, as there were some fill in issues when Nord started falling behind.

Man I have been waiting since Conan #1, when I first saw Nord's work, for him to start selling some art. Such great style and storytelling.

To me this is like Kelley Jones hanging onto his art and letting a piece or two go. I have a feeling A LOT of people are chomping at the bit for a shot at his Conan work.

Man I have been waiting since Conan #1, when I first saw Nord's work, for him to start selling some art. Such great style and storytelling.

To me this is like Kelley Jones hanging onto his art and letting a piece or two go. I have a feeling A LOT of people are chomping at the bit for a shot at his Conan work.

I hope you're right, Chris :wishluck:

Honestly, one of the things I like best is sending an artist an email(and PAYPAL) letting them know some of their artwork has sold. So, to everyone out there in internetz land, help me help Cary have a wonderful Saturday. If all goes well he'll get blitzed Saturday night, black out and send the rest of his hoard :luhv:

24 hr :bump: before I list these.

And just a reminder, please DO NOT post the :takeit: here, via PM or email. Judging by the emails I have received, I am anticipating a bit of competition for some of the pages and I will be using the timestamp on my website as fairest way to determine who gets each page.

conan33pg18_19-orig.jpg