• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants #98 - Sell now or after?

52 posts in this topic

Sell before the movie, or after? Reasoning? :popcorn:

Movie hype peaks right before it opens and sometimes there is a residual pop if the movie is a hit. Best to sell 10-30 days before opening. The only risk there is if there has been really bad buzz a la Jonah Hex. Jonah Hex got the best pop for prices when they started announcing the cast. Then it was all downhill. lol

It might be a good time to buy. Kinda reminds me of Transformers #1, as it goes down then spikes right before the movie, as a few times last summer Transformers #1 CGC 9.8`s could be had for under a $100 and now I see some hitting $180 and higher again.

in conclusion buy now and flip before the movie.

It might be a good time to buy, kinda reminds me of Transformers #1, it goes down then spikes right before the movie, a few times last summer Transformers #1 CGC 9.8`s could be had for under a $100 and now I see some hitting $180 and higher again.

in conclusion buy now and flip before the movie.

Bought my CGC 9.4 for $70 about a year ago :insane:

i have one last OO copy that was bought off the rack, and graded CGC 9.6, that i might bust out if i need cash. :whistle:

And when might that be ?? :baiting:

A few years ago a fellow collector offers a slabbed book group discount if I buy his New Mutants 87 CGC 9.6, New Mutants 98 CGC 9.6, and Swamp Thing 37 CGC 9.6 for $80 combined. I tried to get out of buying the NM #98 because I already had a NM+, but he insists it is going to be hot as Marvel has announced the Deadpool character is going to be in a movie. So I did the deal, but with regret because I had to buy the NM #98.

doh!

Sold it last year on Ebay for more than I paid for all three books.

i have one last OO copy that was bought off the rack, and graded CGC 9.6, that i might bust out if i need cash. :whistle:

And when might that be ?? :baiting:

BA-BLAM!!!!

nm98-2.jpg

Anyone ever pay attention to the Cap UPC box ? IIRC there was speculation

on a positive UPC and a negative UPC, although this issue came out before

the X-Men and X-Force with the 2 different UPC boxes.