• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Did you snag the other copy of #222? It was a bit rougher due to the right edge wear, but still was worth it. I left it since I have a few copies on hand already.

Nah, not looking for any #222's right now. Congratulations on the find.

He had a beat up copy of #227 as well that I passed on. Did you land anything else at the show?

Not Bats 227, but has anyone noticed the really nice looking Tec 31 CGC 4.0 OW/W over at Comicconnect's upcoming auction? Does anyone know what was the last sale on this book in any condition? I'm wondering if it's going to be in my affordability range.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=451023

it has been at CC for months. Up until last month, it was only for sale with a $35k offer and a $40k BIN. After the 4.0 copy at CL went for >$35k, now it is up for auction.

The last time this book was up for auction was last October/November by SparkleCity. The data is on GPA as far as price.

I was thinking of bidding on some of the other books but figured they would go higher. Too bad, as it looks like there were some deals on Adams Bats today, as well as a lot of other books.

FWIW, I think some of the books would have done better on eBay based on my results from the past few months.....

Edited by kimik

OK. So anyone here win either the 9.2 or 9.6? The 9.2 actually went a little higher than what I thought it would go. Both would be nice pick-ups though.

I was the underbidder on the 9.2. The registration was beautiful. I actually thought I was going to win it. Whoever won it is getting a great looking book.

Is it just me, or has there been a dearth of 9.0+ copies of Tec #395 on the market for the past several months/year? It has been a while since I noticed any in the regular auctions, but maybe I just missed them. (shrug)

This was just listed today on the Link.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2FNewItems%2Easp%3FType%3D%26f1%3Di%2ELastUpdate%26ODire1%3DDESC&id=950319

Pricetag is a bit frothy.

Is it just me, or has there been a dearth of 9.0+ copies of Tec #395 on the market for the past several months/year? It has been a while since I noticed any in the regular auctions, but maybe I just missed them. (shrug)

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2FNewItems%2Easp%3FType%3D%26f1%3Di%2ELastUpdate%26ODire1%3DDESC&id=950319

$2K? Well, good luck to him.

$2K? Well, good luck to him.

The census shows zero copies in 9.8, and only 2 copies are 9.6, 8 copies in 9.4. I'm surprised that there are no 9.8 copies. It certainly seems tough in high grade when you look at Batman #227 and there are many copies in high grade with 5 copies at 9.8.

It shows a pedigree copy of #395 selling for over $3,700 in 9.6 and the only 9.4 sale was about 7 years for around $545.

Good luck to the seller either way.

That was the Twin Cities pedigree from last year. It was a rather weak 9.6, but PQ was W. I bid about $3300 or so on it myself. Was about submit an even higher bid, but internet lag with the live auction during the last few minutes were so bad, the auction was over by the time I reconnected. Not entirely disappointed. It was probably for the best because after the book reached passed $2500, I was running on testosterone and bidding just to win versus me actually wanting to own the book itself. The wife would have killed me if I had won.