• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Wow is it really at 2300 ? I always wait for the price on this book to finally drop because it seems crazy to me and it never does.

$2,800 and climbing. Wow!

guess i'm going to have to be content w/ a 9.2 at 1/5 the price.

You're too cheap to pay that price anyways.

Wow is it really at 2300 ? I always wait for the price on this book to finally drop because it seems crazy to me and it never does.

$2,800 and climbing. Wow!

guess i'm going to have to be content w/ a 9.2 at 1/5 the price.

You're too cheap to pay that price anyways.

outbid by $1500 and counting

SORRY, THAT WAS FAST. SALES THREAD CLOSED.

If you care to look, I just posted a sales thread for 21 CGC slabbed Batman issues. 19 of them are in the issue range of #214 - 298, and 7 of which are Adams. There is some value there, so thought I'd point it out to this group.

This is completely unrelated to the #238 for sale at clink, I assure you. I had sent off what I thought were nice issues from early in my collecting days for grading in August 2012 on the "value" rate, and lo and behold the box from CGC arrived today! If you like, take a look at the sales thread for particulars.

-Bob

Edited by Sideshow Bob

God help us all if a 9.8 ever surfaced for 238. And I am not the winning bidder on this one. Yikes.

I've seen your climb to the top of the Bats #201-300 registry set. Very impressive.

I may as well throw in the towel lol

I'm glad I picked up some of those books when I did. Lately, the auction prices seem to have gotten hotter and hotter for any of the top graded, top census Bronze Bats. Been waiting for a 238 to become available for a long time, but geez, this is ridiculous with 8 days to go.

And thanks for the comment. I'm in some illustrious company with you and the others at the top of that group; clearly we all have fine tastes!

Bats 227 ends at $1,500. I thought it was a typo. Somebody wanted that book.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=957900

That's quite a price tag on that. :o

Nuts!!

That's the power of W pages in my opinion :)

The wrap and white pages. Plus 2 or 3 people wanting it bad. .