• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

hell yeah.... :headbang:

One of the toughest high grade book to buy raw. I gave up trying to buy raw high grade copy of this book because too many flaws are often hidden in that greenish yellow cover. Unlike 227 where flaws will jump out at you...this book's flaw tend to jump out at me after have it in hands.

I just picked up this copy. I should have it by Monday. I'm looking foward to seeing how nice this looks up close. The date stamp doesn't really bother me that much.

Nice pick up. Did it cost much?

Thank you. Not compared too what somebody just paid for a CGC 9.2 :D

Thought I would throw up my copy of 227 in this thread too. It was a recent purchase from a fellow boardie and again not super high grade but it makes me smile and happy!

cgcBatman227vfplus.jpg

Sweet! Looks better than an 8.5... (thumbs u

Thought I would throw up my copy of 227 in this thread too. It was a recent purchase from a fellow boardie and again not super high grade but it makes me smile and happy!

cgcBatman227vfplus.jpg

Sweet! Looks better than an 8.5... (thumbs u

+1 Congrats !!!

i think copies of batman 227 hiding in the woodwork are being flushed out...it is ne of those rare books that is way undervalued in guide in all grades..late last year I was in a shop that sells some comics too and they had a bats 227 for $100 in about fine/fine+. i didn't have the cash and the owner wasn't there for haggling. like all their vintage stuff, it was priced wayyyy over guide and way overgraded --- they had probably priced it as NM 10 years ago and it has been sitting there ever since (surprisingly, they have some good deals on $1 and $5 books, go figure). they have very slow turnover there as comics are maybe 2% of their business, so i figured next time I came by I'd have some $ and an overstreet and point out to them the book is $40-$50 in that condition in OPG and I'd be willing to pay guide....

well, I went by 3 weeks later and all their vintage stuff was still there, but this one was gone. i guess someone was less greedy and paid the $100 as it was probably worth $150+ in that condition.