• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I owned a Mile High comic and didn't know it!

8 posts in this topic

I just had the weirdest flashback/revelation!

In late 1977/early 78 when I was about 15 I went to the Anaheim convention center (across from Disneyland) to a comic book convention. I had a whopping $60 dollars on me. I bought a FANTASTIC copy of Jimmy Wakely #7 from a hippy looking dude for $20. I had it about a year and traded/sold it to someone. (I was really prone to doing stupid stuff like that then)

I never realized it until now, but that was the Mile High copy of that book! I know it was! Arrgh!

The only Mile High I ever owned, and I didn't even know it at the time!

In late 1977/early 78 when I was about 15 I went to the Anaheim convention center (across from Disneyland) to a comic book convention. I had a whopping $60 dollars on me. I bought a FANTASTIC copy of Jimmy Wakely #7 from a hippy looking dude for $20. I had it about a year and traded/sold it to someone. (I was really prone to doing stupid stuff like that then)

I never realized it until now, but that was the Mile High copy of that book! I know it was! Arrgh!

How did you come to realize it was the Mile High?

Alan

A hippy looking dude (especially back in 1977/78) selling comics, even a high grade GA book, doesn't necessarily mean it was Rozanski.

A hippy looking dude (especially back in 1977/78) selling comics, even a high grade GA book, doesn't necessarily mean it was Rozanski.

In Anaheim, the chances were pretty good it was. That's where one of his stores is located, although he may not have been there then.

In Anaheim, the chances were pretty good it was. That's where one of his stores is located, although he may not have been there then.

The Anaheim store didn't open until the early-90s.. It could have been Rozanski or, more likely, one of the people he had to give part of the collection to for financing the buy....

Jim