• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch Cover Opportunity - Mike DeCarlo - ZERO left ! ! !

112 posts in this topic

LIMITED TO 10 SPOTS!!!!!!

Hello, Sketchies!

Joe Pierson has allowed me the honor of being able to offer my very first SIGNATURE SERIES SKETCH OPPORTUNITY.

For my first foray I decided to go with comic's veteran Mike DeCarlo.

Mike DeCarlo began his career in the late 70's and has worked for every major publisher in the hobby and on just about every character in every universe. His most recent work has been on one of my favorite title, THE SIMPSONS.

Mike is a chameleon of styles, but for this sketch opp he is limiting it to his "cartoon" style(i.e SIMPSONS, ARCHIE, BATMAN TAS ect. no portraits).

Since this is Mike DeCarlo's first sketch cover opp, I don't have examples of his work on a cover, but here are some examples of the styles he will be using:

th_decarlo-disney.jpgth_decarlo-simpsons.jpgth_decarlo-spidey.jpg

and a PERSONAL FAVORITE

Mike is eager to do some of these covers and had dropped his prices to make it as successful and accessible as is should be.

HEADSHOTS: $100

FULL BODY: $125 ($35 for each additional character)

Prices include all grading and shipping within the U.S.

Blanks will be provided by you.

Blanks/Payments can be mailed to:

Michael DeLeRee

11274 S. Fortuna Road

Suite D2 #121

Yuma, AZ 85367

Payments accepted (in order of preference): Check, MO or Paypal.

PM for PAYPAL info

Once your books arrive, all proper paperwork will be filled by me, shipped to Mr. DeCarlo and then back to CGC for grading. Once your book is graded, it will be shipped back to your mailing address.

:takeit: full body Cap!

I will have to find a NotSoNice prize to send you for being the very first :takeit: on my very first Sketch Opp offering.

And, because Mike is SO versatile, and a "full body Cap" is a good description, the options are still open:

Cap SIMPSON style?

Comic Book Guy as CAP?

Homer as CAP?

Mike's only limit is YOUR imagination

:takeit: full body Cap!

I will have to find a NotSoNice prize to send you for being the very first :takeit: on my very first Sketch Opp offering.

And, because Mike is SO versatile, and a "full body Cap" is a good description, the options are still open:

Cap SIMPSON style?

Comic Book Guy as CAP?

Homer as CAP?

Mike's only limit is YOUR imagination

Oooh the choices. Comic Book Guy as Cap would be very cool. But I think I will go with Simpson style Captain America as a companion piece to my Bill Morrison. :)

:takeit:

Will he ink on Image United Blanks?

I don't see why not (shrug)

unless you've done somehting nasty on it :sick: , he may then refuse (tsk)

Image United covers are the hardest thing in the world to sketch. Is why hurley asked I think.

Image United covers are the hardest thing in the world to sketch. Is why hurley asked I think.

IMAGE still sucks, huh? :baiting:

that is why I asked...but if its not a problem let me know because I have a great idea and would work best on a Image United blank