• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet on Hawkworld

7 posts in this topic

Why does OPG #32 list the 1990 Hawkworld as "3rd Series"? Looks like it should be the 2nd series.

There is a 3-issue TPB series that predates it by one year, also named Hawkworld. Guess that's the 1st series. So the 2nd Series from 1990 is incorrectly listed as the 3rd Series?

448933-hw1-f.jpg

448933-hw1-f.jpg.7a63ccd5a40eb10adc5dd0d8cb43eb4e.jpg

I'm with you on this one, been working on revamping my online

comic shop, and for the life of me I can't find, nor remember a

yet to be referenced additional series.

Where are those Gemstone guys when you need them....????....

Where's Ian? If anyone knows if there's a Hawkworld series between this one and the TPB series, that's the guy.

But I'm betting there isn't one. Just a foobar I think. Even though there's no volume info in the indicia of the 1990 series, I'm calling it Volume 2.

Even though there's no volume info in the indicia of the 1990 series, I'm calling it Volume 2.

Since Ultimate Spider-man has done so well, maybe you should call it Volume 14.

(That's about how many different Spidey re-launches there have been, right?) stooges.giftonofbricks.gif

This is really stupid nomenclature on Overstreet's part, but no stupider than what DC has done with the character. rolleyes.gif

1. Hawkman first series is the Silver Age Murphy Anderson run.

2. Hawkman second series is the mid-1980s continuation of the Tony Isabella "Shadow War of Hawkman" miniseries.

?? The Tim Truman Hawkworld miniseries is skipped over.

3. The Hawkworld ongoing series is identified as "3rd series"

4. Hawkman fourth series is the mid-1990s series that got all convolved in the Zero Hour reboot.

5. Though not listed as such, the Geoff Johns revival of a couple years ago would be the fifth series.

Aha, it does seem you've hit the nail on the head. I see that the Hawkman "4th Series" does list a cross-ref that cites "See both Hawkworld limited and ongoing series".

Of course, with that reference they shouldn't have left out the Tim Truman TPB series from their sequence!

893frustrated.gif

I'm sticking with calling it Volume 2. The "series" nomenclature is meaningless.

uh.....................

I just plain confused. I'll print this page and think it through.

I'm also quite glad you fellas still have brain cells, mine, well

they need a vacation.

Thanks