• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredibly stupid email scammer

7 posts in this topic

Just got this nice gem in my email...

Dear Citibank _Member_,

ThIs _email was _sent by_the_ Citbiank _server to veerify your_ E_Mail adrress.

You must complete this process by clicking on the_link _below_ and enntering

in the litlle _window_ your Citbiank ATM/Debit full Card Nummber and pin that

you use on_the Atm_Machine. That is done - for_your protection -T- because some_of our

_members_ no longer_ have access to their EMAIL addreses and we must verify it.

http://da-us.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.xxxxx.xxx

To verify _your e-mail address and acccess your_ Citibank_Online

account, clik on the_link below.

T76HCjBuKrybQ

Not only are they so stupid that they mispelled about 7 words, but they didnt even put the link below where it says "click the link below"

foreheadslap.gif

i got the same sack of terds.... and no, I don't have a account with Citibank....

I stupidly assumed the person getting the email would have to have a Citibank account for this scam to work. foreheadslap.gif You're right, this is an incredibly stupid email scammer.

i got the same sack of terds.... and no, I don't have a account with Citibank....

I stupidly assumed the person getting the email would have to have a Citibank account for this scam to work. foreheadslap.gif You're right, this is an incredibly stupid email scammer.

Yup I got the same thing a few weeks ago on my Yahoo email account which I virtually never use, and nope I am not a member of the Citi bank family.