• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: DC Silver/Bronze Low - High Grade Mix

9 posts in this topic

INFO - I am based in the U.K.

1) Payment via PayPal only, I will invoice once finished. For those in UK I will also take postal orders.

2) Shipping, to U.S./Canada will be $12 for 4 books with $2 per added book, prices have gone up here so I've tried to take the hit as much as poss. Shipping in UK is FREE.

3) 1st :takeit: in the thread wins, please feel free to PM questions.

4) No boardies from HOS or on probation.

========

Ok over the coming weeks I will post a few books per night from the DC range of titles, from the Silver & Bronze age. These range in the low grade - to high grade. I will also post a list of "freebies" which you can take one per invoice. As this will be a long old process, feel free to build up a stash to save on postage.

These are all raw books and I am a novice when it comes to grading but I've used the guide and compared against CGC books of different grades. However, if you a bunch of you say "no way you've overgraded" please feel free to point it out.

There has been no pressing or restoration on the books as far as I know.

Shall we begin?

First up Batman, followed by his friends later.

Batman #207 VFN+

OSPG: $57

Board Price: $40

Notes: Small red ink mark top of page (overspray?), small dink to top left corner and top right corner. Tiny colour break on spine. F/C flat & glossy. B/C two tiny tears top of cover. Minor creases to spine. Could use pressing.

Batman207.jpg

Batman207R.jpg

Batman #228 VFN+ Don Rosa Pedigree

OSPG: $60

Board Price: $55

Notes: F/C Flat & Glossy. Ink overspray top right. Slight sun shadow (1/4 inch) bottom and right edge. Small dink to bottom edge. B/C Ink overspray top edge. Two printers creases top and bottom left edge. Small creasing to bottom left corner and large dink to the bottom right. Could use a press.

Batman228.jpg

Batman228R.jpg

228Cert.jpg

Batman #247 NM-

OSPG: $70

Board Price: $55

Notes: F/C beautiful flat cover with sharp corners and high cover gloss. B/C only the smallest of crease on the spine brings this down to a NM- IMO. Maybe NM with a press?

Batman247.jpg

247R.jpg

Justice League of America #44 FN

OSPG: $27

Board Price: $12

Notes: F/C Nice with minor wear to the spine, left edges slight rounded. B/C has sub crease, whole book appears to have been begun to be folded in half with the back cover taking the worst of it, although the F/C has survived well, light sub crease runs all the way through the book. Structually a VFN- candidate.

JLA44.jpg

JLA44R.jpg

Justice League of America #45 FN/VF

OSPG: $35

Board Price: $25

Notes: F/C Flat & glossy. Two colour breaking creases on spine, with 3 more non colour breaking. B/C flat, clean & glossy. Non colour breaking creases along spine.

JLA45.jpg

JLA45R.jpg

Justice League of America #50 FN

OSPG: $24

Board Price: $12

Notes: F/C glossy. Bottom left edge1/4 split. Top left edge rounded. B/C same problem as the other JLA, sub crease runs through the whole book. More noticeable on the back then front.

JLA50.jpg

JLA50R.jpg

Justice League of America #52 VG/FN

OSPG: $20

Board Price: $10

Notes: F/C glossy. Color breaking creases along spine. Scuff mark top edge of cover. Slight "crinkling" effect on front cover. B/C sub crease runs through whole book as previous JLA issues. Add to that some "dirtying" effect along spine and minor creasing to the top and right edge. Also a chip out of one of the pages.

JLA52.jpg

JLA52R.jpg