• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MONTREAL COMICCON 2011 SEPTEMBER 17-18 STAN LEE

36 posts in this topic

Woo-hoo!!! NEAL ADAMS has been added!!!

:whee::banana:

Neal Adams, Jim Starlin and Stan Lee WOW (worship) This may be the best Montreal show ever

I'll be there for sure (thumbs u

Nice... should I be getting tickets in advance?

I would to be safe. We had over 8,000 attendees last year. I expect more this year with that line up.

:headbang:

The Montreal Comic-con variant for 2011 will be Amazing Spider-man 667.

Mr Neal Adams will design the variant cover,

Cool. How does one get it? Do exhibitors get a copy? I'd like to get a copy signed and graded.

TIP: Please make sure that they are well-handled before being given to the public. Copies of last year's FAN EXPO variant were damaged for the most part because they were thrown into the loot bag without bag&board. doh!

If you are in the Montreal area you owe it to yourselves to check out the show this weekend.

It's literally tripled in size since last year.

It's in the large hall, there are several vintage Toronto dealers (Big B and Comic Book addiction) as well as Harley Yee and a bunch of local dealers that are setting up and the guest list is pretty good too.

Have to say, Oscar and Alex knocked this one out of the park if set up and pre-sold tickets are any indication of what is to come tomorrow.

Unfortunately, dinner at the hotel restaurant sucked. Except for the Johnnie Walker Red Label.

Ah well, nothing is perfect.

You're in the gastronomic capitol of Canada and you eat in a hotel?? There must be a dozen world class restaurants within a stone's throw from any downtown hotel...

On the road since 9 am, had not had a solid meal all day and Lou and I met at the hotel at 9pm after being on our feet all day (it was my first time in the Hotel since Lou checked in this afternoon) .

We just wanted to sit down asap and chow something down.

Last year the hotel food at the Hilton was phenomenal so I didn't see the problem. This year, at the Intercontinental it was not so impressive.

To be honest, I'm not much a food person. I don't live for the stuff like some people do.

You're in the gastronomic capitol of Canada and you eat in a hotel?? There must be a dozen world class restaurants within a stone's throw from any downtown hotel...

On the road since 9 am, had not had a solid meal all day and Lou and I met at the hotel at 9pm after being on our feet all day (it was my first time in the Hotel since Lou checked in this afternoon) .

We just wanted to sit down asap and chow something down.

Last year the hotel food at the Hilton was phenomenal so I didn't see the problem. This year, at the Intercontinental it was not so impressive.

To be honest, I'm not much a food person. I don't live for the stuff like some people do.

Sorry I didn't cal you to meet up for drinks with Dave, but I was beat and I've been feeling a little under the weather this week. A feel a little better this morning! :acclaim:

And yes, the show has been a huge success attendance-wise. It proves that the right event with good media coverage = success. I just wish we had a better spot...

To other boardies: Feel free to drop by Nick's Comics (booths 179-180) and say: "hi!". I'm helping him out, and have a few boxes of books. It's always a pleasure putting some fames (and real names) to the screen names! :headbang:

And Roy, too bad about the meal.... Make sure you guys have a REAL Poutine before heading back home!!!