• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

n00b with a Spidey question...

6 posts in this topic

first off, hi smile.gif

my little bro (19) has gotten back into reading and collecting comics the past couple years. hes a really big spiderman & hobgoblin fan and i have an opportunity to nab a hobgob set from a guy at school

ASM 238 CGC 9.6,

ASM 239 CGC 9.4,

ASM 244 non-CGC NM,

ASM 245 non-CGC NM,

ASM 289 non-CGC NM

as i've been informed i think thats the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th appearances of Hoby as well as his identity/death issue. now the guy at school was gonna sell em on ebay, but i asked him if i could buy em from him as a package deal for my little bro since i'm feeling all christmasy and he told me to make him an offer. my problem is....i have NO idea what to offer =\ what would that set go for? i dont wanna get ripped off too bad and i have to get back to him by the 23rd when he leaves the dorms for home.

any help or advice from you guys would be great smile.gif

Have you inspected the books yourself to make sure the non-CGC NM'[!@#%^&^] are really NM? If that is the case, I would go as high as $100-150.. I mean it'[!@#%^&^] for your brother for God'[!@#%^&^] sakes smile.gif I wouldn'[!@#%^&^] mind overpaying a bit if I had a brother... Don'[!@#%^&^] do it if quotes you some ridiculous amount like $300 or something..

And welcome to the boards!

Peter

A 9.6 238 just sold for 103.50 (12/5), another for 91.01. A 9.6 239 had no bids at $49.95 ending 12/10. The raw books you can pick up all over the place in that grade, as they are very common. I'd offer the guy $135 for the package, and even that might be a little high.

I'd break the offer down this way:

$85 for the CGC 9.6 238

$30 for the CGC 9.4 239

$5 for the 244

$5 for the 245

$10 for the 289

by the way, the eBay fees for that would be $6.82, assuming no BIN and opening bids under $10, so he gets that as well.

overstreet guide values for the books in NM:

238 $70

239 $40

244 $12

245 $12

289 $20

i guess in cgc 9.6 the 238 has to be worth around $100, with the 239 in cgc 9.4 being worth around $30. total for all books (assuming raw books in strict NM) is $174.

this of course is top dollar though so i would offer the guy around $100-130 and see what kind of deal you can get.