• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else think Mile High overgraded a little bit here?

29 posts in this topic

NM probably means Not Mint.

or Need Money.

I bought from them 2 times over the years, each time was worse than the last. After I returned books for a second time they asked me NOT to buy from them again. They actually blamed ME for being too picky! I tried, I really tried, I was thinking it WAS me. It's not. They send out the books and hope you don't complain.

I am sure if you buy a 1980s or 90s book they are NM, anything before that is picked over and probably a return from someone else.

In your return, compare the comic to Chuckle's own definition of NM on his website under the Buying criteria. NM allows 1/8 inch tear, small date stamp, slight browning in 1960s comics, but must have good Quality of Production to adhere to the strict NM Mile High label of quality. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The price for that comic is $25.00 on their website. Why is there a $6 sticker on it (which falls more in line with their G/VG price)? It seems to have the wrong label or wrong price. It's obviously not NM so the wrong label was added.

The price for that comic is $25.00 on their website. Why is there a $6 sticker on it (which falls more in line with their G/VG price)? It seems to have the wrong label or wrong price. It's obviously not NM so the wrong label was added.

not necessarily. One of teh aspects of MHs "speed=grading" process is that they grade them through the bag they bought them in! I ordered a bunch of books and many had various bagging/boarding configurations as well as original dealer stickers on them!! Seriously, how else can a handful of graders get through the thousands of books Chuck scarfs up conventin after convention??

Having purchased a number of silver age Avengers issues in MHC "NM" condition that would be lucky to hit CGC 8.0 in the dark, I'm not surprised. I've relegated purchases from MHC to NM's under or around $1 that can be sold as reader copies should, read as when, they don't make the grade. Consider a recent purchase from MHC of about 40 books purchased during their big "bargain" sale a month or two ago. Of those forty, I have four that would make CGC 9.4. Not to say the others are atrocious, just not near mint. Like the OS grading guide says, most books graded NM are actually VF. Anyone got a spare OS grading guide we can send to Colorado?

CRC

Wish I had read this earlier (while I was at work). I have my letter to MH about their grading "discrepancy" when I bought a NM Tales to Astonish #57 two years ago. I will post the letter tomorrow for some of you that haven't already seen it.

Word of advice....if at all possible, don't buy anything older than 1980's books from them. And even then, it can get sketchy.....