• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Place for Back issues?

7 posts in this topic

What's one of the best companies to buy SA-Modern back issues from that has a large inventory, fair pricing, and half way decent grading. Mostly I'm interested in best pricing and inventory since I'm just interested in buying odd ball issues for reading purposes.

Where are you? If you want mid to high grade copies, I'd recommend Cards, Comics and Collectibles in Reisterstown, MD (does lots of shows), Bedrock City in Houston or Superworld Comics in Massachusetts.

Gary Dolgoff Comics

I've been very happy with his pricing, grading and selection. He generally is a conservative grader. He does use some odd split grade categories. I've found his G/VG are just okay Good copies, but anything above that is very likely to be UNDERgraded.

G'Luck!

My experience with Dolgoff and SuperWorld were not great.

In each case, I got six books and all were overgraded.

SuperWorld did refund without a hassle (including shipping both ways) and the Dolgoff books were being used to fill a few holes in a collection that I flipped, so I didn't lose anything.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan