• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions regarding DWC signings - Ask DWC

86 posts in this topic

anyone have a link handy to John Romita Sr cover gallery ?.. I need to find something to get signed by ....don't care if its modern or vintage

Also I am open to suggestions but it needs to be something I can grab easy off ebay or a lcs since I need to get it in before the deadline ... if you have something for sale as well in high grade 9.6.8 as well feel free to shoot me a pm

anyone have a link handy to John Romita Sr cover gallery ?.. I need to find something to get signed by ....don't care if its modern or vintage

Also I am open to suggestions but it needs to be something I can grab easy off ebay or a lcs since I need to get it in before the deadline ... if you have something for sale as well in high grade 9.6.8 as well feel free to shoot me a pm

check out comic book db

I've been suggested AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 39 which I quite like now I just need to buy one ... I wonder if I have enough time with the dead line to ebay one ... what price would asm 39 fall under since it wouldn't count as a modern right?..

I've been suggested AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 39 which I quite like now I just need to buy one ... I wonder if I have enough time with the dead line to ebay one ... what price would asm 39 fall under since it wouldn't count as a modern right?..

It would be submitted under either Economy.

Modern..........$50.00

Economy.......$60.00

Standard.......$90.00

Express........$120.00

So I'd be paying $60 or $90 then for the book? DWC LIL help ?.. Which would it be ?.. $60 wouldn't be too bad since its only $10 over but $90 I may as well not bother buying it ... I don't suppose they have done some sort of modern reprint of this cover eh?

Im also curious about some details.

I have 4 copies of ASM #238 I'd like to get JrJr & JrSr sigs on.

JrJr has no fee @ Dallas this coming weekend, and JrSr is $50 in the upcoming Legends Tour.

So I can drop the books off with you in the AM of the Dallas Con (or have you retrieve them from JrJr) and pay $50 + $10 (holding fee) per book for both sigs?

And just to be brutally honest, I'd add Stan Lee too, but an additional $90 per book prices them higher than they are worth. $50, $60, maybe even $70 I would consider, but $90 is just more than I can justify for all but the rarest of books...

I have and 4 or 5 9.6ish ASM books ripe for JrJr and Stan Sigs, but the price of the Stan sigs on non-key books would make it a losing proposition. So JrJr only it is...

Just some constructive feedback from a potential customer...

Modern..........$50.00

Economy.......$60.00

Standard.......$90.00

Express........$120.00

So I'd be paying $60 or $90 then for the book? DWC LIL help ?.. Which would it be ?.. $60 wouldn't be too bad since its only $10 over but $90 I may as well not bother buying it ... I don't suppose they have done some sort of modern reprint of this cover eh?

Well if the book is a $700 value copy which would be a high grade copy then the price to get it signed an graded would be $90.00 plus return shipping. But if it a low grade copy that is worth less then $300 then the signing and grading price would be $60.00 plus return shipping. So it is up to you. The cost of the grading is dependent on the age and value of the book you submit.

JrJr has no fee @ Dallas this coming weekend, and JrSr is $50 in the upcoming Legends Tour.

So I can drop the books off with you in the AM of the Dallas Con (or have you retrieve them from JrJr) and pay $50 + $10 (holding fee) per book for both sigs?

And just to be brutally honest, I'd add Stan Lee too, but an additional $90 per book prices them higher than they are worth. $50, $60, maybe even $70 I would consider, but $90 is just more than I can justify for all but the rarest of books...

I have and 4 or 5 9.6ish ASM books ripe for JrJr and Stan Sigs, but the price of the Stan sigs on non-key books would make it a losing proposition. So JrJr only it is...

If you are the one personally getting the sigs in Dallas. You stand in the signing line and get the sig yourself and then turn it in after it is signed. If you do that for BOTH Stan and JRJR then the cost is $40.00 for the Stan grading ($35.00 + 5.00 "Stan office fee") plus $5.00 (standard CGC additional sig charge at same show) for JRJR since you got him plus $10.00 hold plus $30.00 for JRSR. So the total would be $85.00 plus return shipping. Now if DWC is getting all of the sigs for you then the price is as follows $110 for Stan plus $10.00 for JRJR plus $10 hold plus $30.00 for JRSR for a total of $160.00 plus return shipping. Does that info help?

If you are the one personally getting the sigs in Dallas. You stand in the signing line and get the sig yourself and then turn it in after it is signed. If you do that for BOTH Stan and JRJR then the cost is $40.00 for the Stan grading ($35.00 + 5.00 "Stan office fee") plus $5.00 (standard CGC additional sig charge at same show) for JRJR since you got him plus $10.00 hold plus $30.00 for JRSR. So the total would be $85.00 plus return shipping. Now if DWC is getting all of the sigs for you then the price is as follows $110 for Stan plus $10.00 for JRJR plus $10 hold plus $30.00 for JRSR for a total of $160.00 plus return shipping. Does that info help?

Actually, yes it does. :) Not nearly as bad as I had thought!

Thank you for the clarification, Chandler!

Actually, yes it does. :) Not nearly as bad as I had thought!

Thank you for the clarification, Chandler!

One clarification about Stan Lee. If you are standing in the line you still have to purchase a ticket from the Dallas Comic Con to get your item signed by Stan which is $50.00 per ticket. And you need 1 ticket for each item to get signed.

Just to clarify something else, since I haven't gotten a SS book done at a show before, you mentioned above that I can turn the book in myself after someone like JRJR signs it. So I can get the signature and walk the book over to your table myself? I don't have to have a witness actually see the signature or the handoff of the book back to me? Please clarify this, because I don't want to screw it up and your description of standing in the line myself and then just turning the book in sounds too easy.

I'm looking to get Stan (have my own ticket) and then JRJR at Dallas, and then hand the Stan book off to you for Ayers to be added on the tour, if that is possible.