• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FINAL MONDAY UPDATE! Private Auction for Geo Herriman KRAZY KAT Sunday Page Art

2 posts in this topic

THERE'S LESS THAN AN HOUR LEFT!

Greetings!

This is to remind all interested parties that I am now accepting offers through TONIGHT– MONDAY, MAY 16 at 10 pm EST on this great Herriman original!

=======================================

* This is the last reminder I will be sending out. Email me closer to closing if you want to know the current bid.

=======================================

The current high bid is $15,000.00 USD.

I will accept bids from anywhere in the world.

=============================================

PHONE BIDDING – I will accept phone bids at (973) 374-8495 until 10pm tonight. I also request the bidder then email me the bid so I have a hard copy of it.Calls will be limited to a few minutes to be fair to people who may be trying to call as I do not have call waiting. The auction will end at 10 pm EST if there are no more bids within 5 minutes of the last one received. See extended time rules below!

NEW EXTENDED TIME AUCTION FORMAT! – Instead of ending the auction right on the dot of 10pm, I am doing it this time as an Extended Time auction.

An extended time auction is one which "continues" past the originally scheduled closing time. This happens when there is bidding within the last 5 minutes of the auction. When this occurs, the auction will continue for this item until there is no bidding activity for 5 minutes.

This helps simulate a "live" auction and helps to eliminate "sniping". Sniping is last second bidding without the ability to counter bid. If no one else bids within 5 minutes of the last bid past 10pm at closing, the auction is over.

Postage & Insurance will be added onto the winning bid. I can also ship FedEx if the winner has a FedEx account.

For payment, I will accept a certified check or US postal money order. I will also accept PayPal as payment if you pay the fees. Overseas winners can pay by wire transfer.

Payment is expected to be sent out to me within 48 hours of receipt of winner’s notice. If you are an overseas bidder, please contact me beforehand to discuss payment options.

Email me at lawrenceshell @ comcast.net to make an offer or call during the hours specified above and good luck if you go for it!

====================================================

George Herriman KRAZY KAT Sunday Page Original – 10/25/36

Here’s your chance to get a Sunday Page original from one of the greatest comic strips of all time, George Herriman’s KRAZY KAT! Dated October 25, 1936, this is an exceptional example which also appeared in the book, COMIC ART IN AMERICA by Stephen Becker (1959). At one time, this original was in Becker’s personal collection which was later acquired by a well-known comic historian/collector, from whom I bought it from many years ago.

In this delightful page, Ignatz slickers Krazy out of a dime with a telescope which he then proceeds to supply the view for, be it the moon, stars, a comet, etc. But the astronomy lesson comes to an end when Offisa Pupp comes and hauls Ignatz away to the hoosegow aka the slammer aka the clink or jail to put it simply! Pupp then returns and directs Krazy to take a look through the telescope at something not of a celestial nature which is Ignatz in the pokey! A great page with all three main characters!

CONDITION: Signed under the last panel. Original measures Size is 15-1/2” x 25” and is in Very Good or Better Condition. Board is a light cream color typical for originals of this vintage. There is a very small piece missing from bottom left corner. Small bend to top left corner. There is a red ink line drawn down the right hand margin which appears to be have done for some sort of production purpose.

Take note that the scan is a bit darker than the actual original. Overall the art is in wonderful shape.

The art was scanned in three sections and stitched together so there are lines across which do not appear on the original. Sorry my camera’s on the blink!

REDUCED SCAN

http://comicartconfidential.com/LSART02_Herriman_KKSunday_102536SML.jpg

FULL SIZE SCAN

http://comicartconfidential.com/LSART02_Herriman_KKSunday_102536BIG.jpg