• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We have such sights to show you!

5 posts in this topic

I figured I'd start this as a discussion of the often overlooked (maybe for good reason?) Epic Comic series ''Hellraiser'' based of course on the Clive Barker Film of the same name.

First a little ''mood'' music. :devil:

I was kinda surprised how many people had worked on this series,

Mike Zeck, Dwayne McDuffie, Sam Kieth, Miguel Ferrer, Bill Mumy, Bernie Wrightson, Kevin O'Neill, Mike Mignola, Neil Gaiman.

These being the most notable writers & Artists.

It is mainly an anthology of tales (Concepts by Barker, but not Written by him) & there are two continuous story arks one being the ''Devil's Brigade'' & ''The Harrowers''

The thing about the Anthology is that the stories are Hit & Miss (and sadly it's more miss then hit) It's like for every one good story there are 2 or 3 bad ones. :P

One of the said misses belong to Neil Gaiman! doh!

I'll get more in depth on this as the thread moves along.

I feel almost exactly the same way about these books. I haven't read a ton of them, but I did get several big anthologies (Summer Special and Winter Special?) a couple of years ago. I thought most of the stories were well done.

What makes it better than some serial horror is the wide variety of stories possible - taking the puzzle boxes back into history, showing the back story of the Cenobites. It does get a little repetitious, because most of the stories are about folks who can't escape their destiny to wind up in hell. :eek: