• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Horror...MARVEL ''Films'' of the Past!

29 posts in this topic

I still love watching this movie no matter what anyone says.

I would rather watch this movie over Ghost Rider, FF 1 & 2, Wolverine Origins, and of course Elektra.

DolphPOSTER02.jpg

Im with you. Dont know why but I do like the movie. Perhaps its got to do with the fact that I got interested in comics around that period.

Anyway prefer War Zone million times over Thom Jane's. There were some exciting scenes but on the whole it was really watered down. The ending in the car lot where the explosions create the punisher logo made me weep.

I thought Jane did well playing the role of Punisher but he was dropped into a stupid storyline with a hammy Travolta. I only watch the movie now for the fight scene with the Russian.

I didn't like War Zone one bit either....

I saw the red-band trailer for Warzone before it hit the theaters and was really excited. I thought heck yeah, FINALLY, a good Punisher flick. I was extremely disappointed after seeing that drek in the theater. :cry:

im sorry but he punched through a kids face and also sniped a freerunner, who was doing a backflip from one building top to another, with a rocket launcher. i was pleased with just those two scenes. lol.

i actually like the jane punisher for what it was. it wasnt great but hey it wasnt wolverine origins either.

I remember watching and taping Dr Strange, Captain America, Thor and a really bad Spider-Man back in the late 80s. That was all we had back then lol

I liked Howard the Duck :( Well, I liked Lea Thompson in Howard the Duck, maybe that was it ..

I still love watching this movie no matter what anyone says.

I would rather watch this movie over Ghost Rider, FF 1 & 2, Wolverine Origins, and of course Elektra.

DolphPOSTER02.jpg

I'd rather watch blood seep from every orifice in my body then suffer through that movie again.

Does anyone remember Thor's appearance in the Hulk TV series? I LOL'd

The Hulk meets Daredevil (also from the Hulk TV series)

Hey, maybe that's what I'm remembering and not an actual Thor movie.

I thought Jane did well playing the role of Punisher but he was dropped into a stupid storyline with a hammy Travolta. I only watch the movie now for the fight scene with the Russian.

I didn't like War Zone one bit either....

I liked the Jane movie because it at least touched on the character's often overlooked intelligence. In the first movie, the Punisher did manage to organize the downfall of his nemesis through clever deception and subterfuge (okay, maybe I'm stretching it, but at least it wasn't War Zone where 100+ heavily armed gangsters are systematically annihilated in a blood-splaterring orgy by a one-man army).

War Zone was just a gore-fest and a waste of Ray Stevenson's talents.

I never saw the two recent Punisher movies, but the DL original is classic junk. My friends and I watched it years ago and kept a body count. We ended up with appx. 90 (it was a little tough to get accurate count when he drops into the room full of baddies and wipes them out near the end). The other "classic" scene is the guy getting crushed in the car at the junkyard. They didn't even try to make the mannequin look real.

Still, the Corman FF flick is the best one. That movie was so bad.