• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any interest in a SKETCH OPP from these guys?

I want a SKETCH OPP from  

111 members have voted

1. 1. I want a SKETCH OPP from

29 posts in this topic

Hi,

I recently had my first SKETCH OPP with Mike DeCarlo and the reception from the boards was excellent. I Thank You (worship) . Of course Mr. DeCarlo was an excellent choice for my first opp because of his INCREDIBLE talent. Everything with that opp is moving right along.

I've got a few artists I've already spoken with that are willing to do a SKETCH OPP as their schedules permit, and I wanted to get a little input from the boards to see if their is interest so I don't waste anyone's time setting up an OPP that won't pan out.

Anyone that has viewed my personal collection knows I gravitate towards artists that are, shall we say, not your run of the mill super-hero artist**. If anyone has any questions about any of the artists mentioned I'd be more than happy to POST IMAGES :grin:

Please select any/all you would be interested in

**= Any artist listed that is known for more "MATURE" drawings will only do "Pin-Up" or "Good Girl Art" for a SKETCH OPP.

Who decides if the request is too risque? I will. If CGC wouldn't put it on their homepage, I won't ask the artist to draw it nor CGC to grade it. Sorry.

O.k., I know I've got a couple of obscure names on there, so here are a few links:

:news:SOME IMAGES MAY BE NSFW :news:

Karl G Waller

Kevin Townson :cloud9:

Lorenzo Sperlonga (absolutely SHOCKED only 2 votes for him, and one of those is mine. (shrug) )

Douglas Paszkiewicz :devil:

James LeMay

Christopher Herndon

Peter Paul

yeah honestly i don't know any of these names but I am awful with names even for books I really like :D I like a few of these guys works though look good just from what you posted ...

Kevins & Lorenzo Sperlonga stand out... Lorenzos is weird though is that real people or what? (shrug)hm What would sketchs from any of these guys cost ?..

yeah honestly i don't know any of these names but I am awful with names even for books I really like :D I like a few of these guys works though look good just from what you posted ...

Thanks. The links are just the tip of a very talented iceberg

Kevins & Lorenzo Sperlonga stand out... Lorenzos is weird though is that real people or what? (shrug)

Are you asking if the images are photos or paintings? Yeah, he is THAT good. Unfortuantely he won't be doing paintings in gouche on the comics :sorry: . But for a guy that gets $4500 for a painting, I think a sketch opp is a nice way for a fan(myself incuded) to get something more affordable :wishluck:

hm What would sketchs from any of these guys cost ?..

No easy answer for this, but it will be as low as I can get them :makepoint:

Although not in your poll, I vote ARMANDO HUERTA..... The Darklord of Pinups! :headbang:

Huerta and Sperlonga both do great paintings, I don't know how that translates to a sketch cover opp though. Doesn't Armando have some airbrush enhancements on his stuff?

Although not in your poll, I vote ARMANDO HUERTA..... The Darklord of Pinups! :headbang:

Huerta and Sperlonga both do great paintings, I don't know how that translates to a sketch cover opp though. Doesn't Armando have some airbrush enhancements on his stuff?

The biggest difference between Huerta and Sperlonga (for me) is I have actually spoken with Sperlonga on the phone and he is definitely up for doing a SKETCH OPP. Huerta doesn't even know who I am, as surprising as that may be to everyone :o

Sperlonga is equally accomplished with pencil/pens as he is with a paintbrush, so a SKETCH OPP will work out well.

I would love to get a sperlonga sketch. What is the price point for something like that?

Pricing is still TBD. I'm working with Lorenzo to get it as low as possible. He is excited to do this, once both of our schedules make it possible. It will be very interesting to see how this works out with a non-traditional comics artist. If it works out well, more will happen. If it doesn't, well, everyone that missed the opportunity will be kicking themselves :makepoint:

Oh and could you please set up a signing/sketch opp with olivia

Sure. That's right after Matt Groening and H.R. Giger meh

I actually have a sketch from groening so those are not impossible.

Not impossible, but a hair easier than getting him to do 10 full sketches on comics I imagine.

My point remains the same. Olivia is out of the question unless my network of friends changes drastically. And so is Groening and Giger, no matter what the CGC Boards are telling you :baiting: