• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Shill Bidder?

7 posts in this topic

I've been watching this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32743&item=746866992&rd=1

and this morning it just went past the reserve. This high bidder has a grand total to 12 feedbacks, 11 of which are from the seller on this auction. The bidder has won a bunch of CGC comics.

Does anyone think this is a shill? Did the high bidder bid to get it up past the reserve? Did he win those other auctions to avoid selling at too low a price?

It just seems suspicious to me. The price on this Superman isn't too bad yet. I'm probably going to bid it up a bit more and see if the high bidder remains.

Hey Bonds25, are you watching this auction too? What do you think is a good price for it?

I think the bidder is just a satisfied return customer.

I thought that at first too... Our board tends to convict pretty quickly...

But looking at his feedback over the course of an entire year, never buying from anyone else, and the only auctions he bids on the last month are all from this guy... Plus the books he is bidding on have NOTHING in common with each other, besides being CGC'd... I might cut him slack if the books were all Spideys and he decided to shop with someone he used before...

But gimme a break... Guy buys from just one seller, and this is his shopping list at Christmas time????

Superman's Girlfriend #54 CGC 9.0

Silver Surfer #1 CGC 9.0

Amazing Spider-Man #73 CGC 9.0

Amazing Spider-Man #64 CGC 9.0

Justice League of America #48 CGC 9.0

Justice League of America #60 CGC 9.2

Tales to Astonish #87 CGC 9.0

World's Finest Comics #174 CGC 9.2

Marvel Super-Heroes #1 CGC 9.0

Detective Comics #365 CGC 9.0

Superman #149 CGC 8.5

Go get 'em ricky!

Plus the books he is bidding on have NOTHING in common with each other

Ah..but in my opinion they do have something in common...A fair Price.

$38.11 for LL #54 VF/NM

$455.00 for SS #1 VF/NM

$76.00 for SS #5 VF/NM

$102.50 for SS #12 NM-

just to name a few.

Tough call one way or another.