• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where are all your slabbed restoreds' now???

13 posts in this topic

This question is to everyone whos ever recieved a restored grade on their slabs. Where are these comics now? Did you burn it in order to destroy all trace of its existence? Have you sold it A.S.A.P.? Do you have it hidden in the back of your closet? Or do you display it just as proudly as the rest of your books? cool.gif

Heck to me its all about collecting, if I can get a nice deal on a nice restored job, I would buy it..

in Fact, I have bought a few raw books that have been restored... Some of them can be quite nice.

Good question. Well, I am just about ready to start with my legal action against a seller for an ASM #1 "7.0 or better" that came back from CGC as APP 4.5. After the lawsuit is over either he will have taken it back for a full refund or if it doesn't work out then I'll be listing it on Ebay. I also have an ASM Annual #1 APP 5.5 with slight color touch (darn!) that I am just waiting for the right time to sell.

Unfortunately these days these restos (even just slight restos) are looked at by most people it seems as if they contain some kind of flesh-eating bacteria that will creep out of them and into our bodies if we even own such a thing. For that reason I have my two restos locked in an airtight bio-hazard container covered by a black sheet. Whenever I eventually sell them I'll be wearing heavy duty latex gloves even when just holding the CGC case. I'll lay a thin clear plastic film over my scanner so that no residue is left behind that may infect other books.

Geez, the things we have to do these days. foreheadslap.gif ----Sid

I don't have any restored but I have one qualified 893whatthe.gif

It was a Fantastic Four 15 in CGC 6.5 that is missing an ad page. 893frustrated.gif

I bought it at the San Diego ComicCon a few years back. Right now, it's in with all my other CGC comic books but I'm looking to sell sometime soon.

I have one that CGC says is restored. I totally disagree since this book has been in my family forever. Acording to CGC it is a slight color touch to the spin edge. Everyone that I've shown agrees with me. It looks more like a color bleed or a stain. Right now I'm not sure if I should send it back for regrading. I'd hate to have it come back the same. Plus the added cost of regrading. Its the only book I ever had come back as RESTORED. The book, BATMAN #43.

I like certain types of restored books, so there are both purple top CGC books and regular, raw restored books in my collection. I'll continue to buy more when the book/ price are right.

Ditto! Certain kinds of resto don't bother me a bit & like Lucy said, if I can get a good deal on a book I really like, I'll go for the book. Check my sig line!

My restored Flash 105 is the pride of my collection.

Found at a flea market in good plus and had it restored to an 8.5.My other key restored bok was a BB28 that I recently traded for a real nice Avengers 4.Only other purple label I currently own is a Capt.Action 1 in 9.0 that I have on my wall.

Good question. Well, I am just about ready to start with my legal action against a seller for an ASM #1 "7.0 or better" that came back from CGC as APP 4.5. After the lawsuit is over either he will have taken it back for a full refund or if it doesn't work out then I'll be listing it on Ebay.

Let us know how this goes. How is this working out--do you sue him in his state, or yours?

Good question. Well, I am just about ready to start with my legal action against a seller for an ASM #1 "7.0 or better" that came back from CGC as APP 4.5. After the lawsuit is over either he will have taken it back for a full refund or if it doesn't work out then I'll be listing it on Ebay.

Let us know how this goes. How is this working out--do you sue him in his state, or yours?

Thanks for asking and thanks to the couple of Forum memebers who have helped me on this. I realize that there are some complications but I believe that I am able to sue in small claims from my own state (Washington) even though this Ebay scammer lives in Connecticut. At this point I have done everything that I can in an effort to settle this short of a small claims suit which is my next step. This seller's user ID was GM67 which is no longer active. hopefully he has not started a new account. He was a small dealer selling off "comics he had inherited from his uncle". Yeah right. Anyway, the story continues...... 893frustrated.gif -------Sid

I have a GA Subby 17 that is a CGC 7.5 slight (P) with a tiny color touch on the spine (supposedly - can't verify it without taking it out - certainly missed it if it's there). I keep it in my closet. :-)

I do bring it to the 1-2 shows a year I sell at, although I think I will stop. I actually got offered $300 for it - like a serious I'm doing you a favor offer - from a well-known dealer at the last show I did.

It's a crime.