• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guide for CGC 9.8 and CGC 9.6

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am new to the board and new collector joining the CGC world. My focus is Modern comic book. All experts with CGC grading, please help me answer these following questions or link me to an appropriate topic. Thank you in advance!

Does anyone have CGC grading guide for CGC 9.8 and CGC 9.6? How to spot a CGC 9.6 from CGC 9.8?

If a book has 1 spine problem see pictures, will this consider CGC 9.6 or 9.8, consider everything else perfect, no missing pages, corners are perfect, no stain, no dent, etc

1: The crack on this one is worse than on the 2nd picture

dsc00850wa.jpg

dsc00851o.jpg

If a book has 1-3 cracks like on the 2nd picture, is this book considered cgc 9.6 or lesser grade?

If a book has a small dent on the front cover, only noticable if you tilt under the light, is this considered CGC 9.6 or CGC 9.8?

Does it matter if cracks, dent, etc...on front or back cover?

Not sure if I posted on the right topic but it seems like more grading knowledge here than my Modern comic topic. I tried search engine but nothing came up. Thank you all!!

Spine cracks as shown in your pictures are sufficiently large so as to warrant a lesser grade. The 9.6 grade has few if any defects, and certainly none of any magnitude. A 9.8 grade book is virtually perfect in every way, and may only have a very tiny defect or two.