• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15 reprints

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone sent in one of the Amazing Fantasy 15 reprints that are included in the Spiderman DVD collectors packs for slabbing? How many of these are likely to be printed? Would it be a larger, or smaller run than the average Marvel print run these days?

BTW the Stan Lee Mutants, Monsters, Marvels interview disk was pretty cool.

Phil

I sent one in (received 12/9) and put that in my list of 2 recent submissions in another thread? I'll definitely post wehn it comes back - I don't think it's in that great a shape but being that you have to cough up $50 to get one copy...it may be worth something initially...probably a large print run to accompany the gift sets of spidey DVD...picture how many are being given for Xmas??

how are they packaged with the dvd?

are all copies likely to be damaged and is there anything added to it that isn't in other reprints of AF 15?

just curious, wondering whether to buy reg edition dvd or stump up for the extras.

how are they packaged with the dvd?

It came packaged flat in the box, in a mylar sleeve.

are all copies likely to be damaged

I wish! smile.gif The one I got should grade at least 9.4 but the cover stock seems quite flimsy, so maybe they will be hard to come by in grade later on. In any case I haven't taken it out of the Mylar and don't intend to.

is there anything added to it that isn't in other reprints of AF 15?

I dunno on that one, I haven't seen any other AF15's and I haven't looked inside this one.

wondering whether to buy reg edition dvd or stump up for the extras.

Well, the Stan Lee interview disk is pretty cool, The Romita and Romita Jr. art repro is OK if you are into that stuff, and the Film cell is kinda a waste to me but others might like it.

Phil

The cover is made of that new thinner paper stock. I hate that stuff. Easier to damage, harder to get a high grade. Marvel might as well sell all their comics in mylars now.

Also the book is not exactly the same as AF#15. Only the Spidey story in it.

It may still be worth sending in to CGC.

It cracks me up everytime anyone on these forums groan about Marvels new cover stock because it makes their books harder to obtain a high grade. People do realize that Marvel can care less that their books are now less likely to get a high grade by CGC...right?!? Once you have bought the comic (or for that matter, DVD that came with a comic), Marvel's interest in you drops down to an infitesimal level (if there is any interest at all).

It only benefits the coffers of CGC, and perhaps yourself (if you are slabbing to sell, which most people are) if you decide to grade the comic. And before you say, well...if they improved the cover stock more people would buy Marvel comics, nope...sales have been falling for quite some time now on singles, losing a few pissed off buyers that cannot get that 9.8 grade for a new Marvel Ultimate line comic is not going to destroy Marvel.

Not to mention that Marvel is increasingly speeding up the time between when a comic series/storyline ends, and the TPB becomes available for sale. They are also increasingly making more money off trades, because they sell well in BOOKSTORES and comic book stores.

No, before you ask...I do not work for Marvel smile.gif I am a humble comic book collector/reader who lives in sunny Southern CA (San Fernando Valley to be exact).

Happy Holidays!

Christopher H.