• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want some gif images for NEW AVATARS??? ENJOY!!!

16 posts in this topic

I know that you can edit animated GIF's in Adobe Photoshop Elements. I have the program, you can change the speed of the animation too. TO have the animation repeat, make sure that the "loop" box is checked. I don't know what is wrong with the Iron Man GIF that I edited. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....it looked messed up after I edited the Bartman GIF too. I turned the "transparacy" option on and off, but it didn't seem to matter. I don't know what it would take to fix it. IMO the limitations for the avatar are too strict. Where do you find images that are already pre-sized to fit under the 65x75 and under 20,000 bytes limitation?

Its pretty hard to find images that start off that small, unless they are thumbnails from a webpage. The only option therefore is to resize the images using computer software. The main thing to watch is that the final image needs to be roughly square. If, for example, you use a comic book cover scan (which as we all know would be rectangular) the avatar will appear 'squashed'. So the image will need to be cropped so that it is roughly square, to display correctly.