• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLA/Avengers Series

7 posts in this topic

Want to buy these and I'm just wondering what everyone thought of the series. Also, is a 10.0 slabbed copy for under $200 considered a good long term investment (10+ years) or are there just thousands of these waiting to be slabbed or entered into the registry?

The story is very good, but it is up to you if you want to pick up the issues or wait until this summer for the deluxe hardcover collection.

As one who searches Avengers CGC offerings on Ebay everyday, I would say there is a ton of JLA/Avengers slabs out there, and cannot believe they are going to be worth much, seeing as most sell cheap.

Hope that helps! thumbsup2.gif

Just bought the whole series and one 10.0 slabbed copy for the collection. I saw some of the previews on Mile High website. Just a question but why does so many DC villain's have to look so hokie. That guy who is on his quest for the secret to the beginning of time (I'm assuming he's a DC villain) looks like his name could be sloppy Joe. Doesn't look very threatening. It drives me bananas how they come up with such lame characters.

I could be out of line here as I haven't read them yet but it just reminds me why I stayed away from buying DC's as a kid. Bizzaro, etc.

Just bought the whole series and one 10.0 slabbed copy for the collection. I saw some of the previews on Mile High website. Just a question but why does so many DC villain's have to look so hokie. That guy who is on his quest for the secret to the beginning of time (I'm assuming he's a DC villain) looks like his name could be sloppy Joe. Doesn't look very threatening. It drives me bananas how they come up with such lame characters.

I could be out of line here as I haven't read them yet but it just reminds me why I stayed away from buying DC's as a kid. Bizzaro, etc.

You probably won't enjoy the series then as it features half DC characters. It's not really a Marvel Zombie Approved book. It's a series that's most enjoyable for people like Busiek himself, folks that just read and love comics regardless of the publisher.

Want to buy these and I'm just wondering what everyone thought of the series. Also, is a 10.0 slabbed copy for under $200 considered a good long term investment (10+ years) or are there just thousands of these waiting to be slabbed or entered into the registry?

I may be wrong, but I think prestige format books have the higher percentages of getting top grades, ie it is not rare. Anybody else know for sure? If so, I would doubt this is a good investment. $200 could get you some good well proven books that have a long track record if you are looking for investment grade. If you are looking for an investment with JLA/Avengers, get raw copies and get them graded before there are too many graded.

I do like the story line from what I've seen, it looks interesting. I did get a set of unslabbed issues thrown in with my purchase so I'm happy about that. To be honest I don't have the patience to buy these issues unslabbed, send them off for grading and maybe three months later find out that they come back as a 9.8 or a 9.9. Way too hit and miss and a hassle for me. Besides I don't have any slabbed 10's in my collection so I figure this is a decent choice. Even though I'm not a DC fan I love the cover for issue #4.

I know what your saving in terms of investment. I still have ASM 238 and 239 in great shape and I bought these off the rack. Certainly worth the pocket change I paid for them. thumbsup2.gif