• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about removing color touch

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

If I have a restored 9.6 copy of a comic with a small amount of color touch on the cover. It is a black cover. Can you guys give me any idea of how much the grade would drop if I had the color touch removed? Also, has anyone dealt with this guy before? He has given me a decent price quote. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Matt Nelson is top notch. He should be able to tell you how much you can expect the grade to drop.

Hello everyone.

If I have a restored 9.6 copy of a comic with a small amount of color touch on the cover. It is a black cover. Can you guys give me any idea of how much the grade would drop if I had the color touch removed? Also, has anyone dealt with this guy before? He has given me a decent price quote. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Two questions:

1) What's the book (to see if it is even worthwhile getting the CT removed)?

2) Does the CT go thru the book? If so, you have a hole in the book that would definitely bring it down more than a color fleck.

Trust Matt Nelson's opinion on how much the book could drop, but I would be braced for it coming back in the 8.5 to 9.2 range, possibly as low as 7.5 to 8.0. Call CGC, ask them the exact location and extent of the color touch spots from their notes, and try to guess yourself what the grade would be. Keep in mind that color touch removal involves scraping the affected areas--including original inks the CT overlapped onto--totally off, usually leaving the white paper underneath totally exposed.