• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincinnati Comic Expo 9/17/11 - Steranko, Guice, Delbo, Goldberg, Moore

142 posts in this topic

My sales were about half of what they were last year. My setup wasn't as sharp due to an unforeseen last second screw job and I didn't bring many bulk boxes as I was banking on my wall being top notch. I got some great items from Katie Cook while having my son, Nick, work the table so that was a bonus.

I was the only one in room with the majority of the new 52's. A lot of people were telling me everything was gone in cincy but sales on those were lukewarm. New moderns for a buck and my $2 bronze box did most of the work. a non board long time customer wanted a big cgc purchase and went to get find atm, then never saw him again lol. Aggravating but what can you do?

Crowds seem to be really good and overall the venue was nice. My only issue was the load in which I used on Friday. I made darn sure on Saturday that I sold all my remaining bulk so I only had to wheel a few short boxes across a sky walk to my car. I wasn't messing with that load in/out again for any price with a singular freight elevator to the third floor.

Saw the usual boardies and met a couple new ones (brendan+bunch of numbers and cornbread). Got a second to say hi to Tony and Kara. Said hi to Daryl Banks and spent quite a bit of time chatting with Jeremy Bastain and Mark Kidwell. Rich Henn came up and said nice to meet you finally even though I have been to his baltimore parties before. Numbnuts.

Tony Moore has a new sketchbook out and a 2nd printing of his first one.

More than likely will be a spectator next year, but will definitely be there.

Show was awesome in my opinion.

I did not make any major purchases. :sorry: I could not decide on what I wanted.

The books I seen I needed for my runs were either uber high grade or too low of a grade for me.

So instead I bought a sketch from Bellman. I was late to his table. I had no idea he had sketch cover blanks already done pre show. He said he was selling them for $65!!!!! :frustrated:

I would have bought them all if they looked half as good as the sketch I bought.

I did get alot of filler books for $2 each from "Comics 4 Less". Seems like they are my first stop at every show as their inventory is always replenished, books are always in new bags and boards and to this date I have never gotten home to discover any of the books had hidden flaws.

It was good to meet you and look forward to hearing later on down the road what that XMen 50 comes back at and what those Caps grade at.

As soon as you walked away from Andrew and Sean someone came over saying Bellman has almost sold out of sketches already. What sucks is I had been talking with him via email and knew he was going to be dirt cheap but didn't know he brought only 8 with him.

I snagged a Sub Mariner one on a blank Cap cover and will post pics when I get it back from CGC. The only other one left was a Hulk on a Cap cover. Really wanted to get a Cap but someone bought a few of them (which I am cool with but still a little jealous) from Bellman.

My #1 goal was to get a sketch from Mark Kidwell on a blank Image United and that was achieved so all around a great show.