• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who loves ''Pearls Before Swine''? Great Interview with Stephan Pastis.

2 posts in this topic

The interview is pretty good and he explains the inspiration for the ''Crocodiles''

lol

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32466

Stephan Pastis is the cartoonist behind "Pearls Before Swine," which in the past nine years has established itself as one of the funniest, most idiosyncratic comic strips in the newspaper. The often absurd humor of Pig, Rat, Zeebra, Goat, the Guard Duck, the Lions and the Crocodiles of the fraternity Zeeba Zeeba Eata stand out amongst the ranks of syndicated strips for their unapologetically dark humor. In the early years, Pastis was best known for mocking other comics, creating strips where Osama bin Laden lived with the cast of "The Family Circus," for example. In recent years, as Pastis has mellowed a bit and readers have become accustomed to his style and approach to the strip, Pastis has come to be recognized for his skill as a humorist.

Twice winning the award for Best Newspaper Comic Strip, this year Pastis has been nominated for the Reuben of the Year Award once again. In addition to the many collections of the strip, including the recent treasury collection "Pearls Blows Up," Pastis is working on an ebook and a book for children. He also added animation writer to his resume, co-scripting the recent "Peanuts" animated special "Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown." Pastis spoke with CBR News from his home in Northern California.

I read PBS whenever I get a chance; that strip is hilarious! My favorite characters would be Rat, because he's an azz-hole, and Guard Duck because he acts & takes his duties too seriously, like Tackleberry in the Police Academy movies.

Like the explanation of the Croc characters, though... lol