• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still 14 DCs To Go

12 posts in this topic

Nothing much has moved. In fact it's all rather stuck in limbo. But I thought I'd post up the list right up to date anyway.

THE 14 DC COMICS I NEED TO COMPLETE THE FULL SET

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS - 17, 22, 26, 27

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

BUZZY - 70

DETECTIVE COMICS - 3, 4, 5

THE FLASH Original Series - 43

HEART THROBS - 66

HERE'S HOWIE - 17

LEADING SCREEN - 68

SCRIBBLY - 6

DC PROMOTIONAL AND GIVEAWAY COMICS

ACTION COMICS 700 - GOLD EDITION

THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS - 1

BATMAN RAIN-BLO GUM COMIC - 1

BATMAN ONSTAR - 2

BATMAN CLASSICS - SO MUCH FUN EDITION - 1

CARTOON NETWORK PRESENTS Platinum Edition - 1

COMIC CAVALCADE GIVEAWAY - 3

DC DIRECT SHOWCASE - 17 onwards

DC HORIZONS - 2, 15 onwards

FLASH FORCE 2000 - 4, 5

FLASH TV BROCHURE GIVEAWAY - 1

JLA CLASSICS - SO MUCH FUN EDITION - 1

JOAN AND GINGER'S MAGAZINE - Any issues containing Superman-Tim cartoon strips except for May, July, and August 1947)

LOONEY TUNES TYSON MINI-COMICS "The Great Scavenger Hunt" - 2, 7, 8, 10

LOONEY TUNES TYSON SECOND SERIES - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

MAGAZINELAND - 1

METAL MEN Bound Preview - 1

OVERSEAS EDITIONS for US Armed Forces - Superman 27, 28, 72

SCOOBY DOO mini-comic with DVD - "Werewolf Are You" - 1

SILLY PUTTY MAN MEETS THE EGGOMEANY - 1

SPECIAL NAVY EDITION (1944) - 1, 3, 4, 5, 6

SUPERGEAR COMICS - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1940 - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1944 (Second Of Two That Year) - 2

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS - 1

SUPERMAN WORKBOOK - 1

SUPERMAN KELLOGGS SPECIAL EDITION 1954 - 1

SUPERMAN TIM - August 42, September 42, November 42, December 42, January 43, February 43, April 43, May 43, June 43, July 43, September 43, October 43, November 43, December 43, January 44, March 44, April 44, June 44, October 44, November 44, February 45, April 45, May 45, July 45, September 45, October 45, December 45, July 46, August 46, September 46, October 46, February 47, June 47, November 47, July 48, March 49, May 49, June 49, November 49, February 50, March 50, May 50

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMICS SEAL OF APPROVAL - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1944 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1949 GIVEAWAY - 1

DC RELATED COMICS

UNCLE SAM - 5 (pre-Blackhawk numbering)

HEART THROBS (Pre DC) - 4, 24, 40, 41

Metropolis just had a collection with a set of Scribblys in.

No 6 though.

There was a 6 apparently.

But when they looked at it, the wrong comic was inside the cover.

I'm buying three of their others to upgrade my copies anyway.

Ah, ok.

I was looking at some of the other comics you needed and they have huge runs of them and then the number you want is missing and then it goes on again.

It is very strange.

Danny

Ah, ok.

I was looking at some of the other comics you needed and they have huge runs of them and then the number you want is missing and then it goes on again.

It is very strange.

Danny

How is this strange?Evidently the missing books are rarer than the surrounding books.Otherwise Ian would have them and no-one would know or care that Metro is missing one book out of a run.

So, how hard are the Scribbly's? I saw a copy of 11 (VG-ish or so) for $20. Has anyone read these?

They're amongst the toughest of all DCs, getting a full run of all 15 is next to impossible, and they're quite wonderful. Classic Sheldon Mayer. Paul Gambaccini raves over them. He told me that one of his favourite DC covers ever is Scribbly 12, where he's watching the girl kiss another guy silhouetted in the window at night, while dejectedly holding the flowers he'd brought round for her, while a wonderful looking dog (REAL classic Mayer) licks his hand forlornly. Priceless stuff.

There is NO issue of Scribbly worth less than a hundred bucks, whatever the guide says. No dealer would sell one usually for under a hundred bucks either, but they are SO hard to find.

Thanks for the input!

I never like asking folks to haul a book out of the mylar if I'm not genuinely interested.

Now that I'm genuinely interested, the book will probably not be there.

Thanks again,

Fan4Fan

So, how hard are the Scribbly's? I saw a copy of 11 (VG-ish or so) for $20. Has anyone read these?

They're amongst the toughest of all DCs, getting a full run of all 15 is next to impossible, and they're quite wonderful. Classic Sheldon Mayer. Paul Gambaccini raves over them. He told me that one of his favourite DC covers ever is Scribbly 12, where he's watching the girl kiss another guy silhouetted in the window at night, while dejectedly holding the flowers he'd brought round for her, while a wonderful looking dog (REAL classic Mayer) licks his hand forlornly. Priceless stuff.

There is NO issue of Scribbly worth less than a hundred bucks, whatever the guide says. No dealer would sell one usually for under a hundred bucks either, but they are SO hard to find.

On a self-publicizing note, I have nice copies of # 1 & # 2 up on ebay at the moment - check them out !

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?MyeBayItemsSelling&testsmstatus=1&userid=qscomics&pass=default&first=N&dayssince=2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2237233772&category=67&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

On a self-publicizing note, I have nice copies of # 1 & # 2 up on ebay at the moment - check them out !

I wish you'd had them before I spent nearly eight hundred bucks on e-bay for the Scribbly 1 in lower grade than this, a few months back, that I asked you to bid on for me. Yours is a real bargain.