• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For anyone hoarding or holding ASM 129...

42 posts in this topic

And look at what it's going up against:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/KillBillVolume2-1131502/

And before everyone starts jumping on reviewers, the preview audiences went wild for KB2 while the Punisher was slammed. The reviews are simply duplicating the reaction of the audience.

And before everyone starts jumping on reviewers, the preview audiences went wild for KB2 while the Punisher was slammed. The reviews are simply duplicating the reaction of the audience.

Yep, this week's box office is going to be a slaughter. I'm predicting KBv2 at $25mil vs. Punisher at $12mil.

Punisher might not even be number 2 if the Passion continues to ride its Easter spike.

Yep, this week's box office is going to be a slaughter. I'm predicting KBv2 at $25mil vs. Punisher at $12mil.

Punisher might not even be number 2 if the Passion continues to ride its Easter spike.

Which of the two new movies is everyone here going to go see first??

Which of the two new movies is everyone here going to go see first??

First? I'm going to see KB2, while the Punisher looks like a rental, if that. I refuse to pay money for crappy movies, even if that means I can't properly slam them.

But in the case of the Punisher, I really don't think I'll be needed, as word-of-mouth has been horrific among preview audiences and reviewers alike.

Hmm..let's see....this Friday, I'll catch Kill Bill 2 at the 1pm Matinee, the Punisher at 4, and the Passion at the 7pm showing, and then I'll be ready to take out the nearby McDonalds with semi-auto machine gun fire by 10 pm. insane.gif

I'm going to rent KBV1, see if it's too bloody for my tastes, if not, I'll see 2. I think Punisher is a rental too.

I thought the movie was well done and creative, despite its bloodiness and disturbing moments (like the vasoline scene). I don't normally go for bloody movies, but this one had some wit and humor that allowed you to look past the gore.

Hmm..let's see....this Friday, I'll catch Kill Bill 2 at the 1pm Matinee, the Punisher at 4, and the Passion at the 7pm showing, and then I'll be ready to take out the nearby McDonalds with semi-auto machine gun fire by 10 pm. insane.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

I'm going to rent KBV1, see if it's too bloody for my tastes, if not, I'll see 2. I think Punisher is a rental too.

The blood is often over the top and comic in effect. I've also heard that V2 is less violent (probably due to the fact that V1 had a scene where the Bride takes out 50 or so baddies). I'd definitely reccomend seeing V1 first though as I dobut V2 will make any sense whatsoever otherwise.

If a Ben Afleck 'Daredevil' movie can make 30-40 million opening weekend I am confident a Jane Thomas 'Punisher' can at least match 'Hellboy's' opening weekend of around 25 million. Anyway, I am going to go see it a 1,000 times myself just so my 3 long boxes of NM ASM #129s don't loose their value.

FYI...Here is part of the NY Times review of the first Spider-man movie:

Fatigue is, more often than not, what one feels emerging from a movie like this, having been buffeted by hype and assaulted by commercial gimmickry.

Everyone is forgetting that there may be a renewed interest in renting "Coyote Ugly" and after seeing how ASM 129 plays a key role in plot development there, record high sales for the book are just around the corner insane.gif

Ok, then. Two weeks to Punny crash.