• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For anyone hoarding or holding ASM 129...

42 posts in this topic

If a Ben Afleck 'Daredevil' movie can make 30-40 million opening weekend I am confident a Jane Thomas 'Punisher' can at least match 'Hellboy's' opening weekend of around 25 million.

Maybe, but keep in mind that Daredevil made a lot of its opening weekend off of Spider-man goodwill. It's exactly the opposite now, with critics and viewers tanking both The Hulk and Daredevil.

Right now, the current estimates have The Punisher at a $12-$15 million opening, and then disappearing soon after that.

If a Ben Afleck 'Daredevil' movie can make 30-40 million opening weekend I am confident a Jane Thomas 'Punisher' can at least match 'Hellboy's' opening weekend of around 25 million.

Maybe, but keep in mind that Daredevil made a lot of its opening weekend off of Spider-man goodwill. It's exactly the opposite now, with critics and viewers tanking both The Hulk and Daredevil.

Right now, the current estimates have The Punisher at a $12-$15 million opening, and then disappearing soon after that.

After the [!@#%^&^] that was released last week like 'The Alamo' and 'The Whole Ten Yards' I think people will run to the movies to watch 'The Punisher' this week. The trailers I have seen look pretty darn good. Better than Hellboy at the least. It may or may not beat Kill Bill vol. 2, but it will make over 20 million and maybe a lot more.

I met a guy in a store who saw the film already and he liked it. Hes a comics fan and felt overall it was more good than bad, and enjoyable.

As for the grosses, remember that this was a low-budget film, not well over 100 million like Daredevil. A 12 million weekend may make you happy as it paints the film as a bomb, but the distributor will take it, break even at domestic BO and clean up in video. Got it? Anything more is gravy.

also, DD was made to be Spidey! Released by a major studio with big name stars and a huge marketing push.

This film was always a small-budget tag along to the Marvel craze.

So DD can gross 100M and still be a failure based on expectations.

This film will do fine given its game plan.

Lay off da Punisher. Go see it. Youll like it.

When the trailers of an action movie look sappy and boring the movie is DOA, they've made the Punisher a sap man WTF? He's a psychotic revenge killer who is already dead in his own mind.. They should have just modified and ported the Limited series set in Rykers Island or the Big Nothing storyline. sign-rantpost.gif

If it is half as good as the Garth Ennis Punisher (which judging from the trailer that is what it is loosely based on) it should be a pretty good movie. My guess is that they are substituting John Travolta's character in the place of 'ma Gnucci.' 'The Russian' is there though. I hope they added a little of the 'Soap' character for some comedy.

what totally turns me off is that part in the trailer that shows a close up of Spacker Dave whining "No one has ever stuck up (fought?) for me before..." I see that and I'm just like I'll pick up the DVd with all the goodies when it comes out...

what totally turns me off is that part in the trailer that shows a close up of Spacker Dave whining "No one has ever stuck up (fought?) for me before..." I see that and I'm just like I'll pick up the DVd with all the goodies when it comes out...

What if they have the scene where ma Gnucci's boys rip out Spacker Dave's face piercings? I think there is a good chance of that happening since they decided to put Spacker Dave in the movie. That alone would be worth the price of admission. Try to be a little positive because the movie might just surprise you.

guy said the origin is the first half, pretty typical stuff, a little long and lovey dovey

but part two is straight outta Ennis. And he said the Russian scene is great.

If it is lovey dovey I guess that means they didn't use anything from the 'Born' mini series. I hope they don't go long on the origin like they did with the Hulk. Keep it short and sweet.

I am positive. I'll still end up seeing it, maybe even owning the DVD, but just not in the theatres.

Me too, and I'll definitely rent it.

But since the trailer was lame, the reviews say the movie sucks, and preview audiences are slamming it, I simply cannot add to its opening box office totals.

I am positive. I'll still end up seeing it, maybe even owning the DVD, but just not in the theatres. One plus is Rebecca Romijin-Stamos in it... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif for some "Femme Fatale" caliber exposure thumbsup2.gif

Think it is just Rebacca Romijin now. She kicked Stamos to the curb. Guess because her career is bigger then his.

he said lovey dovey cause they set up the "loss" angle a little over the top, as if action film fans really care to get emotionally involved in order to enjoy watching the hero blow away the bad guys.

But the film abrubtly switched gears once Frank moves into the slum with the "lovable losers" who had the audience laughing WITH them, not at them.

Me too. What time? And are they giving away the free promotional comic book (reprint of Amazing Spider-Man #129) at Metreon? popcorn.gif

i'm gonna go see it on friday. popcorn.gif