• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

a dupe post from OA, because i don't think may of you go there. For the completists of HOM, you know how few stories the hosts appeared in. Story pages from DC bronze horror are very common, but nost host pages. I am amazed to be able to have these 2 complete stories to add to my collection. :blush::o:grin:

this is from 1977's House of Mystery #255

1953877619_9a8e33caa3_b.jpg

Welcome to the boards!! Great books!!

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker and can't recall how many times I've feasted on the infinite bronze horror buffet. I recently asked aweforone to post my adams/dracula mockup (which he was kind enough to do). But now, I've finally thrown in the towel and taken the Kierkegaard leap of faith -- I'm a member! And I'll be adding some of my own faves to the menu. Hopefully, I'm not adding too much redundancy here (and I can't say I'm quite in the ultra high grade realm like sterling and others), but here's one of my favorite dc covers:

8224z8x.jpg

Which often reminds me of marvel's bronze cover for crypt of shadows 8.

7ye9t0w.jpg

But, before you question whether sparling was first with the idea, take a look back at the original cover from uncanny tales 23. It's practically identical, inside and outside!

6z7r1ar.jpg

Although it's not a true horror comic, this superman cover seems to belong here.

Doorway entry reminds me a lot of Cain's abode=) There were a lot of these "horror" theme covers scattered amongst different titles around this time-frame.

81ojyol.jpg

Notice the "dare you" invitation?

bronze_rules:

If you dig deep enough in this thread, there is a discussion of superhero/horror crossover, which was popular by DC during the early bronze age. I have a list of potentials buried in a spreadsheet on my computer...I'll try to dig it up.

That issue was definitely on it.

Thanks for the welcomes. Sterling, I look forward to seeing some other horror/hero crossovers. Here's a few more of my favorites, although, I'm feeling like there's not much more to post since It's already been done here. Let me know if I'm over-posting. Thanks.

716evsp.jpg

8evctas.jpg

81pr3na.jpg

No worries if you are posting your own books; I personally like to see everyone's collection...and those issues look NICE. They definitely look certifiable to me.

DCs and Marvels have been done *TO DEATH* so as I branch out to horror mags or Charltons you'll see me posting more of my books.

Here's the list of superhero/horror crossovers. Not complete...and kudos to shiverbones and others for helping to contribute. It is in Excel XLS format so if it doesn't work for you let me know what alternate format you'd like.

Bronze Age Superhero and Horror Crossover Checklist

Great titles, thanks. Still a few I need to pick up. I really like the adventure (supergirl) cover as well. Yes, one of these days I may give in to slabbing. Is it not normal to be paranoid scanning the raws? I always get worried putting back HGs into the bags/mylars. It seems like I do more damage when I'm concerned about creating creases, then I do throwing a low grade modern back into a bag. I already see dust specks on the 175. Sheesh.

Is there a thread on posters who worry about handling raws?