• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

These are both 50 years old, but I thought I'd pop them up just to provide some historical context. The original run, with covers and interior art by Simon & Kirby. I think the DC versions with the Simon/Kirby covers are reprints. Creepy stuff. These are two of the half dozen oldest books I own.

blackmagic29.jpg

blackmagic32.jpg

OH, MAN SHIVER, that cover is a freakin' HORROR HOME RUN! GREAT! I actually had chills running up and down my spine! That creature HAS to be someones avatar someday!

Thanks redhook! Its such an obscure book too, which is odd for teh early ditko art. I saw one on ebay about 2 and a half years ago, which went for 3 times guide or so & i was VERY outbid. I made it a mission to find another. I turned that up about 5 months ago on a website trolling on the internet. Its one of my all time faves!

Thought I'd pop us something different and show you a Ditko splash page from the June 1970 issue The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves. I think this page is as good as any Ditko ever did. Great atmosphere, and I love the statuary all around.

ancient1.jpg

Hi. Yeah, I know I'm lame as hell for not yet taking the time to figure out how to post scans 'cuz I want to join in by putting up some of my favorite covers. But I did just want to thank all of you guys for posting so many yourselves. This thread, and the Bronze boards in general have really spurned my interest in the DC horror issues. I was always a Marvel horror guy with the vampires and werewolves and all that, but these boards got me hooked on DCs and now that is all I can think about. There are so many that you guys have posted that I MUST find.

BUT, maybe I sound lame or maybe I am just a Marvel/DC zombie but I cannot force myself to buy a Charlton or any non-Marvel or DC Bronze book. And to be honest, although I have seen a few that were posted that are OK, they just do not compare to those DCs. They just don't. Sorry Charlton guys. But I'm not much of a reader and I judge a book at least 90% by it's cover. That's why the DCs (Wrightson and the gang) got me so hooked. Anyway, I still appreciate you guys posting them but you won't be competing with me to buy any. -----Sid