• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

That's it for now. Like I said, I'm trying to post some books that haven't already been up, so if there are some duplicates, sorry. I love these horror books!!!

Excuse me if I sound naive or if I'm missing something, but personally I don't give one [!@#%^&^] damn about any pedigree book and I just don't see why some other people do. Take a typical 9.4 white pages book, and then your 9.4 white pedigree book. What's the difference? Who cares? Or I should say, why should you care? Yeah, I know some pedigrees are known for great gloss or something, but many "regular" books have that as well.

Of all the pedigrees I have even heard about, there is only one instance where I would prefer the pedigreed book over another equal book. All other pedigrees to me are useless. The one I am referring to are the EC Gaines File Copies. And this is really just because each was handled, graded and ranked by the big three and includes a certificate stating such. Other than that one, I just couldn't care less. confused-smiley-013.gif ------Sid

Like that WWT 38---was that a bobcat.enterprises special?

Would you believe Nickkat!!!! He advertised it as a 9.6 I think, and, while I don't think it's that nice, it's a great looking copy of a tough book.

Beautiful books rahigh, art, grade & QP thumbsup2.gif

That Weird War # 15 is simply stunning 893whatthe.gif I MUST now seek a copy out for myself!

I've got quite a few more of the Weird War books. I'll try to post some more later.

- Rick

Would you believe Nickkat!!!! He advertised it as a 9.6 I think, and, while I don't think it's that nice, it's a great looking copy of a tough book.

Oh yeah, I got mixed up. I saw that you had bid on it...I lost out to a bunch of Ghosts books from nickkat to my friend redf1shing....he paid dearly for them though...

That Weird War # 15 is simply stunning 893whatthe.gif I MUST now seek a copy out for myself!

By the way, for some reason the #15 is probably my favorite WWT cover!!!

- Rick

Got a 9.2 from Doug Sullipa on the way! I just got his order this week--awesome books, high gloss--simply superb!

Oh yeah, I got mixed up. I saw that you had bid on it...I lost out to a bunch of Ghosts books from my friend redf1shing....he paid dearly for them though...

You know if redf1shing bids on books, someone is going to pay dearly for them. insane.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Nice books, Mike!

And the books are raw too? They all look 9.0 or better...

Sid, don't worry. It's just a case of 'comic ego' tongue.gif

No really, I'm not putting down pedigreed books. But to me they are just regular books. I guess I just don't "count" the pedigree as meaning anything. Seriously, what do some people see in a pedigree? Why is a pedigreed book a good thing? Would you pay more for a book because it is pedigreed? I just don't understand this part of the hobby. Somebody, please enlighten me. I am referring to cases where you have two identical books, same gloss, condition, QP and all, why is the pedigree better? ------Sid

Got a 9.2 from Doug Sullipa on the way! I just got his order this week--awesome books, high gloss--simply superb!

I'm on his mailing list too and got that e-mail list that you were griping about some books already being "snatched up". When I received it there were too many goodies to choose from so I decided to wait, foreheadslap.gif now I'm sure it's been picked clean.

No really, I'm not putting down pedigreed books. But to me they are just regular books. I guess I just don't "count" the pedigree as meaning anything.

I tend to agree. I'm not out to get Pedigree books. But since I am trying to compile a high grade DC mystery collection, I think Mike's comment about the pedigree books being the highest in the CGC rings true. Many of the HOM I have (Oakland) and want to get (Pacific Coast) all are #1 in the census. That is the only reason why I would want them--more for the high grade. The fact that they are pedigrees are secondary (in my mind).

BTW, I'm seeing a trend where pedigrees don't necessarily command a premium for the book unless it's top rated. Anyone else seeing this?