• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

You know if redf1shing bids on books, someone is going to pay dearly for them. insane.gif

I'm tempted to pay for his $300+ 9.6 HOM 193 to be CGC certified, so I can quench my curiosity about the true grade of the book.

Just pay 3-4 times guide for raw issues in person and you'll find them. That's what happened with my Unexpecteds! insane.gif

Just pay 3-4 times guide for raw issues in person and you'll find them. That's what happened with my Unexpecteds! insane.gif

Yep, that's my problem. Unless I frequent the cons, I NEVER see a book in person. And most of the dealers could give a rat's arse about my "quest". 893frustrated.gif But, I'm finally getting a network going, thanks to comments here about good dealers and folks on this fine board.... thumbsup2.gif Everyone, give yourself a hand 893applaud-thumb.gif

Greggy, I will "thrill joy/bid" on the Sandman #1... thumbsup2.gif

OK, three more scans before I sleeping.gif

The WMT 20 has a Jewler insert and is tough (IMO) to find in high grade. This one should grade out at least at 9.4.

The HOM 282, while technically a Modern, is tough because of a "bonus" comic--does anyone remember what it was? I think this one is a 9.4

The WWT 64 is probably a VF+, but is somewhat key because of Frank Miller's first art for DC.

55086411.jpg

55086415.jpg

55086407.jpg

No really, I'm not putting down pedigreed books. But to me they are just regular books. I guess I just don't "count" the pedigree as meaning anything.

I tend to agree. I'm not out to get Pedigree books. But since I am trying to compile a high grade DC mystery collection, I think Mike's comment about the pedigree books being the highest in the CGC rings true. Many of the HOM I have (Oakland) and want to get (Pacific Coast) all are #1 in the census. That is the only reason why I would want them--more for the high grade. The fact that they are pedigrees are secondary (in my mind).

BTW, I'm seeing a trend where pedigrees don't necessarily command a premium for the book unless it's top rated. Anyone else seeing this?

I never really saw any runs of NM copies of these books for sale until the pedigrees mentioned above hit the market, so yeah, if you're collecting super high grade DC horror, you're collecting these pedigrees. I'm not picky though, any old NM copy will do! 27_laughing.gif

Check the census numbers on that Unexpected 118... gossip.gif

I've got a TON of "NM" House of Mystery Dollar Comics from eBay. Care to guess what they really are? 893frustrated.gif

Do they all have the ubiquitous bindery tears at the tips of the spine? Given the thickness and the taller-than-average height of most of the DC Dollar books, they're tough to find in nice shape...

Very nice Weird War books. Luis Dominguez is one of my favorites. Someone (I forget whom) mentioned this Kubert cover on the boards once and I had to search out a copy for myself. No way this cover would be done today.

497992-Weird_War72.jpg

497992-Weird_War72.jpg.9afaa092ef02d104641dd728de9c39ce.jpg

The WMT 20 has a Jewler insert and is tough (IMO) to find in high grade. This one should grade out at least at 9.4.

55086415.jpg

I want this copy. Willing to sell it?

EDIT: Grabbed the correct image this time..... tongue.gif

Jim

Edited by awe4one

Hey Weird, that was probably me who mentioned the weird war #72, i have been championing that one for awhile.Glad you found one! I can't believe they even did that then! The 62 is a great cover too, its sort of the reverse of that image.

498156-war62.jpg

498156-war62.jpg.7531ade8e8cd8487da131778e04aa800.jpg