• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

$391.17 for a Secrets of Sinister House #5 at Vault Auctions.

That's a record on a 9.4 only grade, none higher.

I see that Mr. Pym won it.

Anyone on this board... Mr. Pym?

Show us a scan please when you receive the book.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Another one that got away. I guess I can enjoy my 8.0 a while longer tongue.gif

Oh, Sterling, that ghosts #46 is a great issue, tough to find and has a heart ripped out story 893applaud-thumb.gif

I need to read it then...I have a reader copy on hand... thumbsup2.gif

I love those Witching Hours. Looks like I'll have plenty of duplicates in the 1-20 range in no time. Those 20 center copies appear more elusive than I had hoped... frown.gif

I love those Witching Hours. Looks like I'll have plenty of duplicates in the 1-20 range in no time. Those 20 center copies appear more elusive than I had hoped... frown.gif

Would any of them be for sale? I'm looking for a VF+ NM WH # 7.

Hey Sterling, Shiver, Rahigh, or anyone else for that matter...

Any one have a copy of House of Secrets 134? Overstreet lists it as a Wrightson art issue, but not according to the GCD

Unless Wrightson used an alias, and Overstreet knows something GCD does not?

Would any of them be for sale? I'm looking for a VF+ NM WH # 7.

You are in luck. At least two are coming back from CGC--I'm guessing one will be 9.0 and the other 9.2... PM me in oh say 6 months tongue.gif

OK, trying out the "Express Service" with my membership certificate. I'm also footing the bill for another one, cause I'm such a nice guy smile.gif

Off to CGC tomorrow morning, here's my guess on the grades...

House of Mystery 175 CGC 9.0

House of Mystery 176 CGC 9.2

House of Mystery 208 CGC 9.6

House of Mystery 211 CGC 9.6/9.8

Hopefully, I didn't jinx myself. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Stay tuned...

Hey Zonker, there is no Wrightson in that one. I listed a bunch of bronze horror discrepancies in the overstreet erata thread in general when the new one came out. Hopefully you could find it without too much trouble.

Sterling - a lot of the 20 center WH's are REALLY difficult. Harder than any other titles in that era by far. I don't know why?

Sterling - a lot of the 20 center WH's are REALLY difficult. Harder than any other titles in that era by far. I don't know why?

I know--Issues 1-15 is pretty easy IMO--but once they start into the 52pagers and then the 20cent categories the pickings are pretty slim...

sterling.......... tongue.gif
I knew that! foreheadslap.gif

It was punishment bidding....I knew had no chance in hell of winning, so I thought I would make him pay cloud9.gif prices for them...893scratchchin-thumb.gif maybe he will leave the books in the next auction so people with BUDGET CONSTRAINTS can get a shot in tongue.gif

I don't get it. Wouldn't such a tactic create an artificially high recording for anyone recording prices? And potentially make the next sale(s) high as well? Am just con-fuse-ed by the logic.

It was punishment bidding....I knew had no chance in hell of winning, so I thought I would make him pay cloud9.gif prices for them...893scratchchin-thumb.gif maybe he will leave the books in the next auction so people with BUDGET CONSTRAINTS can get a shot in tongue.gif

I don't get it. Wouldn't such a tactic create an artificially high recording for anyone recording prices? And potentially make the next sale(s) high as well? Am just con-fuse-ed by the logic.

Nah, these wacky Bizarro World prices are just a set-up for the Great Crash. When it hits, cheap comics all around! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nah, these wacky Bizarro World prices are just a set-up for the Great Crash. When it hits, cheap comics all around! 893applaud-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah, these wacky Bizarro World prices are just a set-up for the Great Crash. When it hits, cheap comics all around!

Ahhhh! So it is a plot to encourage the GREAT CRASH and allow folks to scoop up books at cheap prices?! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

OK - I'm game! I will punishment bid the next ASM 129 I see in 8.0 for $21,850!!! MAN, I can;t wait to see the look on the winner's face!!!!!!!!! 27_laughing.gif

Nah, these wacky Bizarro World prices are just a set-up for the Great Crash. When it hits, cheap comics all around!

Ahhhh! So it is a plot to encourage the GREAT CRASH and allow folks to scoop up books at cheap prices?! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

OK - I'm game! I will punishment bid the next ASM 129 I see in 8.0 for $21,850!!! MAN, I can;t wait to see the look on the winner's face!!!!!!!!! 27_laughing.gif

Ummm....doesn't 2 have to play the game? foreheadslap.gif

You & Pov. Last one to retract their bid wins...........err.........loses. foreheadslap.gif

And potentially make the next sale(s) high as well? Am just con-fuse-ed by the logic.

Not necessarily, and I feel better....you have to understand--everytime I lost a book on eBay, it was always him...kinda like Jan of Brady Bunch: Marsha! Marsha! Marsha! Except now its redf1shing! redf1shing! redf1shing!

Always bidding "crazy money"--just look at the WTF thread, Glad I could help with the crash, BOC-I do have collectors in mind here because we all want low low prices! devil.gif

And it's like pulling up the value of my "Stock"--so I can quickly unload while the getting is good. popcorn.gif

You & Pov. Last one to retract their bid wins...........err.........loses. foreheadslap.gif

Good evening. This is Pov's friend, Erzsébet Bàthory. I fear the referenced post has paralyzed the dear boy. As he read the words a state of apoplexy ensued, culminating in a complete stupor. The lamb's only discernible words are "Greggy and Pov...no...no...Greggy and Pov....no no."

I fear the worst for the poor boy.