• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,981 posts in this topic

not bad! thumbsup2.gif

Well, speaking of scanning, I posted a question in another thread about light reflections appearing on my scan. Anyone who can help eliminate those LMK. I spent all weekend scanning (literally). I have all of my CGC books scanned! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll be spending this week preparing for the auction listings. Will be doing additional inventory on my raw issues this weekend (hi.gif Matthew!). I may be posting my listings ahead of schedule...

not bad! thumbsup2.gif

Well, speaking of scanning, I posted a question in another thread about light reflections appearing on my scan. Anyone who can help eliminate those LMK. I spent all weekend scanning (literally). I have all of my CGC books scanned! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll be spending this week preparing for the auction listings. Will be doing additional inventory on my raw issues this weekend (hi.gif Matthew!). I may be posting my listings ahead of schedule...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

not bad! thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who are you jawing at? tongue.gif And your avatar looks like the ghosts in Pac Man eating the power pill 27_laughing.gif

not bad! thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who are you jawing at? tongue.gif And your avatar looks like the ghosts in Pac Man eating the power pill 27_laughing.gif

Hopefully i will be gobbling up your horror books aswell. smirk.gif

Just to give you some perspective, it was taking over 2 minutes front and back with the old scanner. This one can scan much deeper dpi, does legal, and still do it in half the time. The whole Descreen option not saved as part of the profile really disturbs me, though. So I guess everyone out there in comic land has to rescan EVERY book because they need to manually select Descreen?1?

What's this "Descreen" option thing?

What's the scan time for a single side slab at 300dpi?

What kind of adjustments do you have to make post-scan to get the images you're posting?

You might guess that I'm a little interested in replacing my scanner with a better/faster one. smile.gif

What's this "Descreen" option thing?

If makes the scan of printed materials looks less pixalated (sp). In other words, you see all those small dots on the cover? The descreen makes it look more natural to the eye. I'll place up two scans next time I am within arm's distance of my scanner. Thanks to westernpacomics for that tip. thumbsup2.gif

What's the scan time for a single side slab at 300dpi?

Literally, only 10 seconds or so. The problem is, the HP ScanJet software doesn't allow you to save "Descreen" as an option, so I technically have the scan each cover twice--once for a preview, at which time I select Descreen-and then scan the image. If the descreen could be saved as the profile I could scan each image JUST ONCE. You can apply a "profile" of all of your custom settings, but if you hit descreen--it "forgets" the applied profile, rescans, and forces you to reapply the profile prior to "accepting" the image. Major waste of time. The newer software with my 8200 allows you to descreen quick enough so it doesn't re-scan, so it's a "little" better, but not by much.

What kind of adjustments do you have to make post-scan to get the images you're posting?

There is a lighter/darker section, and I mess around with the three color settings. My iniitial scans posted were too bright, and in fact obfuscated some defects on the books themselves. I've since toned it down a bit and I make sure that the image closely resembles what I see with my own two eyes. It takes a bit of time to get it right, and I think I have the right balance now.

You might guess that I'm a little interested in replacing my scanner with a better/faster one. smile.gif

In addition, my old scanner was slow, but never got "Wavy" lines in my images-this new one is faster, but the images look a tad worse. The thick slabs almost always have this problem.

I am pleased with my scanjet, but for $400 I expected more sophisticated software and not just an updated version of what came with my $100 POS HP scanjet 3500c (no longer manufactured).

I'm contemplating creating a regular newsletter to complement my web site eventually goes live--a work in progress trials and tribulations of buying and selling comic collectibles.

i have found HOM293 & 299 to be the 2 hardest issues post #261. I don't know why, but they are really elusive! Thats a nice 293. I paid an arm & a leg (Well $30, to me thats a lot for that book) for a NM+ 293, but other than that i only have a fair.