• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Some new additions!

I always loved the cover story in this issue (read it first in that big treasury edition). Probably the origin of Gregory the Gargoyle? Either way great story!

574873-HOM%20%23%20175.jpg

589a8c21a5dc3_574873-HOM175.jpg.3aa002bb3230f5bf5ace962dfb470ea7.jpg

This book has been posted here before but when I viewed it in this thread for the first time, it became a mission to hunt one down! Growing on me as my favorite WWT cover. Just love the linework in that skull!

574884-WWT%20%23%2015.jpg

PS: Indexed the way you like it POV! hi.gif

589a8c21b0527_574884-WWT15.jpg.4a8346e9f14068ba9031ee5e3761942d.jpg

Nice report Bass,

Nice pickups too, good to hear you liked your MH shipment of books, any runs you ordered specifically?

Basically everything late 70s that they had in NM with a cool cover. HOM,HOS,WH,Ghosts and Unexpected. Yeah, I was happy with it. I am picky, but not anal with grading. I'll be going over them with a fine tooth comb later to see which books are CGC-worthy, along with my Chicago pickups. I'll wait until after I receive my second MH order and then make a submission to CGC. I think I am done buying for now though. Spent too much recently. Just slabbing and selling for now. My next big purchasing event will be Wondercon in Feb. Then San Diego in July again. ------Sid

Was there a HOM 236 involved?

'Cause if there is i would love to hear about the grade you assign shy.gif

Funny you mention that UV. Shiver asked the exact same question on my post in General. I saw ZERO copies of HOM #236 in Chicago, and that includes ANY grade. I guess that one is rare, huh? ----Sid

I think it is one of the rarest HOMs to find in nice shape, i think shiver would agree, i should be getting a nice VF or so when i get a bit of cash cloud9.gif

Anyone on there boards got a nice copy of HOM 236 in there collection?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey Jayman, I love Weird war to death. I ignored it for years, but now i see it as one of the tightest cross genre comics of all time. Its equally appealing as a war comic and a horror comic. (Charlton's "Space Western" it is not) There are so many wonderful covers too. That 15 is a great cover. Dominguez is looking better all the time.

Love that WW 15 cover too. It seems as if the best War covers all have planes. At least it seems that way to me.

By the way, a little OT perhaps. But my favorite "Bronze Horror Movie" of all time was The Exorcist. Prequel is coming out tomorrow. Have no idea if it will be good or not but I'll be seein' it either way. Shiver, you'll probably know the answer to this question but here goes. Do any of you know of a really good Demon/Devil posession story in any of these bronze horror books? Posession in the same sense as The Exorcist? I've always been much more interested in that style of horror moreso than typical monsters, skeletons and zombies. Thanks------Sid

This book has been posted here before but when I viewed it in this thread for the first time, it became a mission to hunt one down! Growing on me as my favorite WWT cover. Just love the linework in that skull!

PS: Indexed the way you like it POV!

LOVE THAT COVER! Any war cover with WWI biplanes rules.... thumbsup2.gif

Hey Jayman, I love Weird war to death. I ignored it for years, but now i see it as one of the tightest cross genre comics of all time. Its equally appealing as a war comic and a horror comic. (Charlton's "Space Western" it is not) There are so many wonderful covers too. That 15 is a great cover. Dominguez is looking better all the time.

Shiver, I know what you mean! It really stuck out as a War book to me also. Throughout my whole collection I only had issues 1, 17, 89 & 90. I can't even remember where they came from except # 1. Now they are one of the last DC Bronze Horror titles I'm looking to complete along with FTODM & Sinister House!

I have to say, Jayman, that is one goofy WWT cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

So good ot see all these books. So good to know I can buy a few or even many in HG for what I would pay for a precode. I am starting to fear for my precode interests BUT - I shall not get rid of any. Learned my lesson about thinking I was "finished" with a genre! I'll probably be getting DC BA Horror through next February when Wondercon hits. Then will probably have enough that I can start splitting the purchases. But man! Just great things.

Thats the splash! Thanks!

HOM207 is the 1st back issue i bought, so to me that book is magic. I found a comic shop when i was in 6th grade and that book happened to be at the front of a 3/$1.00 box right when i walked in. Since HOM was my favorite title ( I already traded all my school friends for their copies grin.gif) I lept at that one. To me to have a book from 1972 (a year before i was born) was incredibly thrilling, and only 33¢!!! Of course, lucky for me, its one of the best issues of the run! man, i still remember that day like yesterday....

One more for tonight! This cover always reminded me of the Pre-Code horror Titles!

575042-HOM%20%23%20207.jpg

Reminds me too! Am seeing a few books lately in this thread I want to seek specifically, as opposed to just glomming the DC BA Horror. That is a bad sign! grin.gif

Good for you, pov! (like your avatar from a Witching Hour cover)

I've been trying to fill out some more HG HOM in my collection (the only active title where I am KEEPING) and the pickings seem slim. You may want to check with shiver--I just unloaded 300+ books so there may be something you want that he has gossip.gif

I've got one more CGC batch before I have another kick arse bronze horror sale. As I get more info, I'll pass along.

BassGMan, and anyone within listening distance--if ya got HG HOM, you have a buyer! (ie ME)

POV, it's great to have you on board. Appears as if you were hooked recently just like I was six months ago. Having a pre-disposition to horror, as we both did, surely helps, but this stuff is just intoxicating.

As I have said before, I think most superhero collectors, which make up the majority of collectors, are for the most part unaware of these books. But I believe they would be susceptable to them if they were ever exposed to them.

I betcha', get any ASM or X-Men or typical Marvel or DC Bronze superhero collector over to this thread, sit him down and have him scan all the beautiful books on this thread, and with at least 90% certainty, I think we'd have another convert.

That could be good or bad actually. More collectors coming into the genre would make prices go up, which is good for the books we already own, but bad for us as far as buying more books.

Overall, I think these books need and deserve more recognition. I would not mind paying slightly higher prices if we can bring more light to this most awesome of a set of books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif -----Sid

Sterling, I feel bad for not picking you up anything in Chicago, but I would be willing to sell you anything that I had, if you needed it and if I had it in high enough grade. I think 9.4 is about as high as my early 70s books get though, many down to 8.5. Just list here what you need and I'll check my inventory. I have doubles or more of some, but no copies of others. -----Sid