• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,918 posts in this topic

I agree, Adler was a genius! Absolutely revolutionized coloring on comic covers.

Hey Sterling - Ever think this thread would hit 150 pages?

To be honest, I thought it would fade away into obscurity after about 50 posts. This thread is special, at least to me...it has built a sense of community among horror fans and to be honest, I don't see it disappearing any time soon. Personally my "thread of the year".

If I had a mug, I'd say CHEERS right about now.

Really great post! I logged on late last night and saw it there but passed up reading it due to the length. Have read it this AM and was very intriguing. Can't believe a Howard Stern mention got slipped in there!

This is what I really love about comics; stories to read, excellent artwork and learning the little bits of history associated with them. Thanks!

BWT: Sterling, the first time I ever saw this thread I had no doubt it would become "infinite"!

here is another - qa bit saner - Kaluta cover. This was a Metropolis 9.6. Not returning it. Gain the top right corner (this time) scanned funky but it is clean and sharp - I promise - this weekend - a new scanner - this HP is nice for the 3-d capturing of CGC labels but beyond that I just am not liking it anymore.

hos210.jpg

Yo Shiv - I hadn't noticed the white ghosty face bottom right of the dress. Looks like it could be Casper's mom! Nice match for the white hand coming out of the casket!
I only just saw that too. crazy.gif

Does it come into the story?

Yo Shiv - I hadn't noticed the white ghosty face bottom right of the dress. Looks like it could be Casper's mom! Nice match for the white hand coming out of the casket!

Nope - not that I can see, anyway. To compensate there are a couple of really freaky stories including the blonde woman's head speaking out of a spider web and some panels in another story that look like the illustrations from Dante's Inferno! grin.gif

Nope - not that I can see, anyway. To compensate there are a couple of really freaky stories including the blonde woman's head speaking out of a spider web and some panels in another story that look like the illustrations from Dante's Inferno! grin.gif

What is the thing in the coffin?

Might have to pick up a reader to see what the stories are like.

Actually it is in the, imho, least (art wise) of the three stories - called Body Beautiful. Basic storyline - man meets desireable woman, plots to kill undesireable wife, uses his own death as an alibi - and of course the twist ending. There IS a scene of him lying white-faced in the coffin. But the art, clothes and hair styles look for all the world like 70's tv - LOVE BOAT comes to mind! 27_laughing.gif

Actually it is in the, imho, least (art wise) of the three stories - called Body Beautiful. Basic storyline - man meets desireable woman, plots to kill undesireable wife, uses his own death as an alibi - and of course the twist ending. There IS a scene of him lying white-faced in the coffin. But the art, clothes and hair styles look for all the world like 70's tv - LOVE BOAT comes to mind! 27_laughing.gif

Sounds like one i might have to pick up.

Read any stories that you really recommend?

Read any stories that you really recommend?

Unfortunately I have spent my spare tie acquiring and researching and making spreadsheets. Have read a several stories during the spare time and some were literally the rival or the better for your average pre-code horror.

I will be making notes as I find the time on the stories, artists etc. Bt a lot of work there, even with the small collection I currently have. And the BA Charltons are really tugging too. frown.gifgrin.gif