• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Hey Gang,

I'd like to request a favor. If you give a patootie about the CGC Registry, could you go over to that section and request that your favorite bronze horror run be added? I just looked today and I'm the only one insane.gif to put in a request.

The CGC Registry currently have Tomb of Dracula and Werewolf by Night, but no DC mystery books yet.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=216132&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

You may want to PM the Architect in addition to placing your request in that thread (if that works).

Thanks for your time and attention.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey guys! Noticed something!

WE'VE BEEN PINNED!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice going Sterling for starting the thread and to everybody who has made this darned thread the best thread on the entire forum. thumbsup2.gif

By the way, pinned or not, you know that this thread would have never fell below the halfway point on the first page anyway.

We should all feel now like Steve Martin in The Jerk when he finally got his name listed in the phone book. Or at least Sterling should now that his name is now up there in news.gifneon lights news.gif

hahah! I love the Jerk!

Congrats Sterling & all the contributors! We were trying awhile back, and now its happened!

Special Thanks to Sid for sending me this much lusted after digest, and on his own dime! What a guy!!!!!

dcspecial6.jpg

I updated the site a little, nothing much but the misc. DC link has some info now. Now that I am settled I should be able to start getting more info on there.

Did anyone notice that issue #114 of CBM is all horror, with an article on Bronze DC? Thats just a few months after the issue that had an article on Weird Mystery Tales, which was just a few months after the Wrightson & Kaluta issue... Seems like a lot of press!

hahah! I love the Jerk!

Congrats Sterling & all the contributors! We were trying awhile back, and now its happened!

Special Thanks to Sid for sending me this much lusted after digest, and on his own dime! What a guy!!!!!

dcspecial6.jpg

I updated the site a little, nothing much but the misc. DC link has some info now. Now that I am settled I should be able to start getting more info on there.

Did anyone notice that issue #114 of CBM is all horror, with an article on Bronze DC? Thats just a few months after the issue that had an article on Weird Mystery Tales, which was just a few months after the Wrightson & Kaluta issue... Seems like a lot of press!

Hey Shiv! 95 cents? Was that a common price? First one this newbie to DC BA has seen! And a nice thing to get gratis! Props to Sid (BassG)!!!!!!!!!

the three digest size issues from 1981/82 are all 95¢ for 100 pages. All are a real pain in the arse because digests were just not saved like comics for so long. This one took me the longest to get.

Nice avatar BTW, i love that Scary Tales!

It took me a few minutes to feel comfy with a Charlton BA avatar but I am just so pleased with the books. Need to get back there and see what else he has ion Charlton BA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only bought those five and a BUNCH of DCs but those Charltons really are sticking in my head! thumbsup2.gif

Charlton's eh?

Man those are nice. And the cool thing is seeing the titles. Basically unfamiliar with all of them!

A whole new publisher (well, except for knowing them from pre-code, of course) but all new for BA.

A question - did any of the pre-code titles carry over into SA and then BA? I remember seeing many SA Charlton's and most of what I saw were boring. But these BA? They really have a lot of color, snap, horror and pizazz! thumbsup2.gif