• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Let's give this a run and see how it plays out.

Thirteen different comics with thirteen different damsels in distress.

RULES OF THE GAME :

Name the Title As it Appears on the Cover and the Issue Number from which each damsel appeared. The first forum member to post a complete list of thirteen will win a prize.

None of the images have been altered. They have not been rotated, flipped, had colors changed, etc. They look just as they did when they were scanned.

I will use the time and date stamp of each post as the official score keeper. I trust that everyone will play fair and not edit their post after the fact. Partial lists do not count. I will give hints if everyone is stumped by a particular damsel.

PRIZES :

I currently have several hundred bronze horror comics and horror magazines, so it will likely be from one of those categories. I will try to match the winners wants to the prize.

Let the games begin.....

602808-1aCONTESTPIC.JPG

Good luck!

602808-1aCONTESTPIC.JPG.0c6fe4059a1ef11a93210591e88c0536.JPG

Let's give this a run and see how it plays out.

Thirteen different comics with thirteen different damsels in distress.

RULES OF THE GAME :

Name the Title As it Appears on the Cover and the Issue Number from which each damsel appeared. The first forum member to post a complete list of thirteen will win a prize.

None of the images have been altered. They have not been rotated, flipped, had colors changed, etc. They look just as they did when they were scanned.

I will use the time and date stamp of each post as the official score keeper. I trust that everyone will play fair and not edit their post after the fact. Partial lists do not count. I will give hints if everyone is stumped by a particular damsel.

PRIZES :

I currently have several hundred bronze horror comics and horror magazines, so it will likely be from one of those categories. I will try to match the winners wants to the prize.

Let the games begin.....

602808-1aCONTESTPIC.JPG

Good luck!

The little [!@#%^&^] 2nd to the bottom the right is the witch who lights the Nazi's up on the cover of Weird War Tales 82 by George Evans.

Edited by Mephisto

I recognize 7 of 'em from memory. (the Jeff Jones, the Kaluta, a couple of Cardys, an LD, the Aparo, and whoever did that Marvel one.) Too bad no partial credit!

Nice idea for a contest! thumbsup2.gif

WOW! And they were all correct! That is impressive. Perhaps I will try a harder one for the second round.

Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love # 3

Ghosts # 63

Ghostly Haunts # 47

House of Mystery # 210

House of Secrets # 95

Phantom Stranger # 36

Secrets of Haunted House # 18

Swamp Thing # 11

Tomb of Dracula 26

Vault of Evil # 21

Witching Hour # 24

Werewolf By Night # 40

Weird War Tales # 82

Edited by Lantern

WOW! And they were all correct! That is impressive. Perhaps I will try a harder one for the second round.

Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love # 3

Ghosts # 63

Ghostly Haunts # 47

House of Mystery # 210

House of Secrets # 95

Phantom Stranger # 36

Secrets of Haunted House # 18

Swamp Thing # 11

Tomb of Dracula 26

Vault of Evil # 21

Witching Hour # 24

Werewolf By Night # 40

Weird War Tales # 82

acclaim.gif I'll be an innocent bystander for the next round. angel.gif

I have a question....anyone know who did the covers to Weird War 9 and 10? They are two of my favorites in the run. I checked out Shiverbones website but just found a "?" under the cover artist spot. Any help? (BTW, great site Shiverbones, my want list exploded after the first viewing)

The Contest sounds/looks interesting (I only had that tricky VOE # 21 to go when I refreshed the thread and saw that Sterling had taken the glory!) sorry.gif

But since this is the Infinite BA Horror thread, Viva la Horror!

604014-HOS%20%23%2083.jpg

Always loved the coloring on this cover, You have the whole spectrum ROY G BIV.

I especially like that the eyes were left white on the girls and dog to show that "wide eyed" look of fear!

BTW: This issue is the first to show the "kindly" looking Abel on the cover. I guess DC didn't need two bad bros. for their House titles.

589a8c2488032_604014-HOS83.jpg.1b8f1c638f5576954d65540da8b63886.jpg

This is another nicely colored cover with use of greens and blues to create a spooky atmosphere!

604041-Unexpected%20%23%20120.jpg

Like how the sun is setting in the background and the moonlight is starting to shine on the (visitors?) nice!

589a8c248dc71_604041-Unexpected120.jpg.ebaade4f873956766ed5db4a11b4bd52.jpg