• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,926 posts in this topic

Adventure 425-427 all have great covers...

Yes, they do, but I'd extend that all the way through the Black Orchid covers 428-430 and the Spectre covers 431-440 ( but I know Pov has the Spectres already).

And Pov, that Detective 437 is one of my favorites. Check out the Manhunter debut backup story drawn by a very young Walt Simonson and written by Archie Goodwin at the top of his game. The Detective 437-443 run is well worth further investigation, both for the Manhunter stories (the Batman ones aren't bad either), and the great Golden Age retro cover style.

Adventure 425-427 all have great covers...

Yes, they do, but I'd extend that all the way through the Black Orchid covers 428-430 and the Spectre covers 431-440 ( but I know Pov has the Spectres already).

Agreed....didn't mention the others as they're already pretty well known. These three issues get lost between the transition from Supergirl and Black Orchid (and then Spectre). Which is a shame as they (especially Kaluta's 425) are beautiful covers...

Jim

The Detective 437-443 run is well worth further investigation, both for the Manhunter stories (the Batman ones aren't bad either), and the great Golden Age retro cover style.

Thanks for the tip! I shall endeavor to fiond them. Hmmm...wonder where I could gop on a Sunday??? grin.gifwink.gif

Does this look like a GA or what? thumbsup2.gif

det437.jpg

Impressive haul Pov

I also enjoy looking for horror type covers, even though the book moght not really be horror book. But the material is horror themed. Like Detective #425, #434, 436 etc...

And yes.. I always thought that #437 looked GA all the way.. cept with a BA edge!

What once was old.. is new again..ehh?

Glad you cleaned up... sounds like you had fun hunting.

Ze-

I also enjoy looking for horror type covers, even though the book moght not really be horror book. But the material is horror themed.

You said a mouthful Zeester! It is the dichotomy (as it were) of the hero and the horror that still makes my head swim! So following are more of these Heroic Horrors!

Not a stranger here buit man this is one freaky cover. I scanned it with a manilla envelope to differentiate the cover from the white scanner background. (PS - it is actually much whiter - I darkened the scan to help bring out any potential flaws).

omac1.jpg

I think it was Sid (BassGMan) who mentioned this book to me. Saw a low grade copy and really loved it. Also recalled, after seeing that copy, it having been posted on the boards. I am given to understand this is something of a cool book for the genre. It has a couple of condition problems not visible in the scan (a non-color breaking "crease" - actually not really a crease - more of a bend) down the leftish part of the cover, a color breaking crease around middle of the spine, and three tiny non-color breaking indents. Am still delighted to have it. The QP overall is stunning.

bb93.jpg

Those are some great books, Pov! I especially love those Detectives! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks DD. For thisd aspect of BA (the hero/horror mix) I may as well be posting Alpha Flight 27 for all I know! Just discovered these things a couple of days ago and I may be posting yawners. But they ain't making me yawn! grin.gif So I hope they be ok!