• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Nice haul Dice! that Unexpected # 134 is just a great book to see as it has such great deep colors on the cover! The Ghosts # 6 is a beauty too! thumbsup2.gif

Ironically, I bought several lots from a seller on eBay that graded everything "Fine".

These were the jewels. The others are F to VF.

Needless to say, I almost stained my pants as I was unpacking the box. acclaim.gif

As fate could only bring balance in my world, I also received a "VF/NM" lot of 43 books from another seller that the grades ranged from 0.5 to a solid 5.0. More were under 3.0 than were over it.

Needless to say, I almost stained my pants as I was unpacking the box. frustrated.gif

Dice, feel comfort in knowing that your experiences are shared by others. I've also been blown away on both the positive AND negative side of lot purchases. Overall though I'd say that buying the BA horror lots has been a very positive experience. I just recycle the trash (blow out as low grade lots) and keep the 7.0s and up.

Nice haul Dice! that Unexpected # 134 is just a great book to see as it has such great deep colors on the cover! The Ghosts # 6 is a beauty too! thumbsup2.gif

Ironically, I bought several lots from a seller on eBay that graded everything "Fine".

These were the jewels. The others are F to VF.

Needless to say, I almost stained my pants as I was unpacking the box. acclaim.gif

As fate could only bring balance in my world, I also received a "VF/NM" lot of 43 books from another seller that the grades ranged from 0.5 to a solid 5.0. More were under 3.0 than were over it.

Needless to say, I almost stained my pants as I was unpacking the

box. frustrated.gif

blush.gifYou might want to slip on a pair of "Depends" next time you open a box! crazy.gif

lets see, Weird War #72 is one of the most requested issues from my site, and it always sells stupidly on ebay. I have sold VF+ for $18 to $20 & VFNM for up to $26. Bobcat's NM copy went for $66 or $72 or something retarded like that. Hom 175, 190, 205, 236, 255, 256 should be much higher. HOS 88, 103 as well. The lump of ghosts issues in the $7.00 range is a laugh, as it contains many of the tougher issues of that run. None of those should be $7 in NM- anyway. Weird War is a little better, but still way too lumped together. Witching Hour #84 & 85 as well.

Yeah, some of the Ghosts in the # 63-70 range are hard to come by and that WWT # 72 is such a shocking cover subject wise and art wise with nice linework on that skull in the background! I was wondering if any notice was going to be given in price to mostly black cover issues, ie. HOS # 103 and such.

I'm curious as to what many of you consider to be the unlisted "breakout books". We've talked about hard to find in high grade before, many times. Are these the breakout books, or just the HTF books? I've been buying alot, but selling very little in this genre, I'm curious from you sellers out there what specific books (outside of the obvious) have the most demand, and your guess as to why.

I’m actually surprised that House of Mystery # 175 (first Cain app.) and DC Special # 4 (first Abel app.) didn’t “breakout” as these were and still are staple characters in the DC universe. Other books I thought that would increase more than they did in the new OS are HOM # 195 (Swampy tryout?), Chamber Of Darkness # 4 (Conan-type tryout).

I am suprised that HOM 195 does not sell better. It has a classic cover and an important prototype, but you can still get copies in the 7.0 range for $5-10. I sold a nice F+ the other week for $6 and that was after listing it twice. crazy.gif Also picked up a VF- copy for $3 + shipping a month ago. I think Ghosts 6-12 are undervalued, as well as HOS 96, 103 and 106. Swamp Thing 1-10 is overvalued, I can pick up copies of these in 7.0-9.0 for 25% of guide every day on eBay.

Since people have pulled out the OS and mine hasn't arrived yet ( 893censored-thumb.gif Chuck), how did Charlton horror fare? Especially the last issues... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Who cares? poke2.gif

Since people have pulled out the OS and mine hasn't arrived yet ( 893censored-thumb.gif Chuck), how did Charlton horror fare? Especially the last issues... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Who cares? poke2.gif

I do...so get your copy and check... sumo.gif

Jim

Jim

Who cares? poke2.gif

Jim

What are the titles? sleeping.gif

Jim

Who cares? poke2.gif

Jim

What are the titles? sleeping.gif

Actually just check Ghostly Tales #169, Scary Tales #46, and Ghost Manor #77... flowerred.gif

Jim

Ghostly Tales #169 - $18

Scary Tales #46 - $14

Ghost Manor #77 - $16

You're right...no one cares... sorry.gif

Jim

I care too...Charlton BA Horror rules! headbang.gif

680176-ManyGhostsofDrGraves%2310Low.jpg