• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

ww12.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I love that cover.

I am going to be offering some screwy.gif prices for the books which have covers i love, this included. smile.gif

Yeah, I love the Weird War covers from 1-12. Strange that the weakest one of the bunch, IMO, is 8 by Neal Adams. confused-smiley-013.gif I was thrilled to get copies of those two in 7.5 for dirt, dirt cheap. Sometimes it pays to take chances on eBay.

Point well taken. But the point is to take a CALCULATED risk--I've seen ending bids on other questionable auctions that if what was offered was nothing less, they would be loosing big time. Your bid allowed you a win/win, with a minimal chance of loss. Nice going flowerred.gif

I love that cover.

I am going to be offering some screwy.gif prices for the books which have covers i love, this included. smile.gif

Yeah, I love the Weird War covers from 1-12. Strange that the weakest one of the bunch, IMO, is 8 by Neal Adams. confused-smiley-013.gif I was thrilled to get copies of those two in 7.5 for dirt, dirt cheap. Sometimes it pays to take chances on eBay.

Being on a budget isn't all that bad then? thumbsup2.gif

Nope! I actually like it. The chase a bit more fun and certainly more of a challenge. thumbsup2.gif

I love that cover.

Point well taken. But the point is to take a CALCULATED risk--I've seen ending bids on other questionable auctions that if what was offered was nothing less, they would be loosing big time. Your bid allowed you a win/win, with a minimal chance of loss. Nice going flowerred.gif

Oh yeah, I know. That guy had other comic auctions, with scans, and I could see that his grading was accurate. He was just too lazy to put up scans of the WWs. confused-smiley-013.gif He would have gotten 3 or 4 times my final bid if he had put in an extra five minutes. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am in total agreement with you on the Adams cover for 8. A big yawn-inducer in content and execution from such an awesome artist.

I am in total agreement with you on the Adams cover for 8. A big yawn-inducer in content and execution from such an awesome artist.

Did you outbid me on that HOM 228? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Did you outbid me on that HOM 228? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

I put in a snipe and won that 228 for less than I BINed a slabbed 8.0 copy for (and not the "good" kind of slab - but still looks undergraded to me). Buy Matt's 8.5 in the Marketplace! It's probably as good as a dodo 9.0. Just don't mind the "color rubbing." confused-smiley-013.gif

If you wait until I can compare my two copies, I'll hook you up with the lesser one. But that may be a while until I can get to them.

I put in a snipe and won that 228 for less than I BINed a slabbed 8.0 copy for (and not the "good" kind of slab - but still looks undergraded to me). Buy Matt's 8.5 in the Marketplace! It's probably as good as a dodo 9.0. Just don't mind the "color rubbing." confused-smiley-013.gif

If you wait until I can compare my two copies, I'll hook you up with the lesser one. But that may be a while until I can get to them.

Cool. Let me know. I can't stand color rubbing, so Matt's copy is out. How did that HOS 106 turn out?

Cool. Let me know. I can't stand color rubbing, so Matt's copy is out. How did that HOS 106 turn out?

Overgraded. I think there was a small tear he missed or something if memory serves. I put it into my inventory as a "FN" without any additional notes, and that's all I can check right now so I'm not sure. It was under $20, so meh.

Overgraded. I think there was a small tear he missed or something if memory serves. I put it into my inventory as a "FN" without any additional notes, and that's all I can check right now so I'm not sure. It was under $20, so meh.

That sucks. It was graded an 8.5 if I remember correctly. Looked nice from the scans but I have heard that dodo's grading can be shaky.