• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

After looking at some of these issues, it seemed apparent to me that quite a few are pressed.

JE's stash of Rosa's from SD 2005? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

exactly. People apparently forgot that Steve picked out the candidates. Steve would've graded these if they were this great. These looked like they were brought up to their full potential---the color breaking creases look like they are screaming, pancake looks, etc.

Great QP on those "high grade" copies. yeahok.gif

The labels are perfectly centered. confused-smiley-013.gif

It seems that people buying those books are more concerned with the labels, so I am sure they will be pleased with the condition of the case. 27_laughing.gif

Hope so, picking up my modern pre-screens this week or next. I got a couple 9.8s. They can help pay for my expenditures tonight. crazy.gif

One of the things I forgot about in HOM is that they would always have a goof page on "Page 13"...those Aragones strips are sometimes quirky and sometimes hilarious....

Do you have the mini TPB "Welcome Back to the House of Mystery"? It's a collection of some of the better BA horror stories and a great introductory read to the genre.

No, I don't. I've pretty much read everything 270-on...now I'm catching up on the early part of the series.

BTW, I think CGC should note 175 as first appearance of Gregory the Gargoyle. How they brought him into the HOM fold with the story was just fantastic.

After looking at some of these issues, it seemed apparent to me that quite a few are pressed.

exactly. People apparently forgot that Steve picked out the candidates. Steve would've graded these if they were this great. These looked like they were brought up to their full potential---the color breaking creases look like they are screaming, pancake looks, etc.

What's Josh's policy on selling Ewert's books? Did he make an official CL statement on that? confused.gif

One of the things I forgot about in HOM is that they would always have a goof page on "Page 13"...those Aragones strips are sometimes quirky and sometimes hilarious....

Do you have the mini TPB "Welcome Back to the House of Mystery"? It's a collection of some of the better BA horror stories and a great introductory read to the genre.

No, I don't.

BTW, I think CGC should note 175 as first appearance of Gregory the Gargoyle. How they brought him into the HOM fold with the story was just fantastic.

Isn't 175 already noted as the first Cain?

I've bought some raw Rosas from B Storms and they are very nice. I would say they were CGC candidates. What was the criteria Steve used in sending (or not sending) in the books he did? It wasn't a pre-screen for a certain grade was it? Have to check out my winnings from tonight when I get them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've bought some raw Rosas from B Storms and they are very nice. I would say they were CGC candidates. What was the criteria Steve used in sending (or not sending) in the books he did? It wasn't a pre-screen for a certain grade was it? Have to check out my winnings from tonight when I get them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree--I actually have some Don Rosas from Bob that I've just sent to CGC (2 or 3 WWT books). I know Sid has had some success picking these up from Steve and getting decent 9.4 grades--which was the general cut off for Steve's submissions (he did sell a few 9.2s).

However, if you take the DR books from this batch and hold them up to what Steve was selling, something just looks amiss. My opinion though--and I'm not pointing fingers anywhere---just an observation. Maybe Steve didn't send these in because of the QP issues.

It wasn't a pre-screen for a certain grade was it? Have to check out my winnings from tonight when I get them.
Steve said that he did a 9.4 prescreen. However, there were some books with lower grade but those were usually the higher priced keys like the 8.5 Hulk 181 and HOS 92 and some of the harder to find books.

It wasn't a pre-screen for a certain grade was it? Have to check out my winnings from tonight when I get them.
Steve said that he did a 9.4 prescreen. However, there were some books with lower grade but those were usually the higher priced keys like the 8.5 Hulk 181 and HOS 92 and some of the harder to find books.
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, I have a hard time finding Hulk 181 and HOS 92... hi.gif

insane.gif

I agree--I actually have some Don Rosas from Bob that I've just sent to CGC (2 or 3 WWT books). I know Sid has had some success picking these up from Steve and getting decent 9.4 grades--which was the general cut off for Steve's submissions (he did sell a few 9.2s).

However, if you take the DR books from this batch and hold them up to what Steve was selling, something just looks amiss. My opinion though--and I'm not pointing fingers anywhere---just an observation. Maybe Steve didn't send these in because of the QP issues.

I can tell you that I did not see any of the BA horror raw and I was there right after Ewert in SD. Of course, it could have been part of the prescreen rejects that Steve said was going to be offered in Chicago. I'm sure that Bob Storms got a lot of the earlier HOM and HOS books from the prescreen pile. I can't see anyone else other than the Ewert/Brulato stock producing these books. They bought a whole long box at SD. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

those were usually the higher priced keys gossip.gif

I can tell you that I did not see any of the BA horror raw and I was there right after Ewert in SD. Of course, it could have been part of the prescreen rejects that Steve said was going to be offered in Chicago. I'm sure that Bob Storms got a lot of the earlier HOM and HOS books from the prescreen pile. I can't see anyone else other than the Ewert/Brulato stock producing these books. They bought a whole long box at SD. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif

those were usually the higher priced keys gossip.gif

Sorry, my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be... tongue.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

So I think I dodge a bullet when I don't win the Ewert 9.8 B&TB 124 on ebay only to win this 9.6? foreheadslap.gif I may need a new hobby.